Has Dish given up on Cinci-Dayton HD customers?

cincyguy2k4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
I am beginnging to think that there simply are not enough HD customers with Dish Network in Cincinnati to make it profitable for them to enable FSN Ohio HD or any Locals in our area.

The reason I am saying this is that when I got the 622 a year ago when it came out, the local installer didnt have a clue on how to set me up. In fact, I had to walk the installer through the install itself.

The equipment that I have is a 721 and a 622. Before the installer would even start the install he had to make several calls in to his supervisor asking what equipment he would need because he never had such a "complicated" install in his life.

It makes me think that Dish just doesnt have enough customers in my area to bother with the HD channels and that is the reason we havent seen them.

Needless to say its really beginnning to be frustrating as every other company in my area that provides cable\sat service at least offers the Locals in HD including little Insight Cable in N Ky.

Guess thats the price of being bleeding edge.

I live in the cincy area buy a outdoor antenna you won't have to wait on the HD channels.

I do have an OTA antenna and I record what I can with it.

The thing is when there are 2 shows on at the same time I want to record in HD OTA. For example Thursday night is nuts with CSI and Grey's etc.

I know I sound like I am whining but every other provider in Cincy has the ability to get OTA in HD on their service. Dish is the only one in our market that doesnt have it.

Main reason I stick with Dish is that their equipment is far superior IMHO to the competition and I have been with them for over 10 years.

The thing is when there are 2 shows on at the same time I want to record in HD OTA. For example Thursday night is nuts with CSI and Grey's etc.
The rare occasions when that happens is the only time I'd like to have my locals in HD via satellite. I'm certainly not losing sleep over it for now.... I'll consider it a "freebie" when they show up.

I do have an OTA antenna and I record what I can with it.

I know I sound like I am whining but every other provider in Cincy has the ability to get OTA in HD on their service. Dish is the only one in our market that doesnt have it.

Main reason I stick with Dish is that their equipment is far superior IMHO to the competition and I have been with them for over 10 years.

I live in Cincy as well and have this problem. You can record 1 HD OTA, and watch the other if you split your antenna input so it goes in to your set as well as you vip622. I got sick of doing this so I just "moved" to Atlanta...Also I have sent mulitple emails to dish asking when we are going to get HD locals, they have no idea. I dont know how this is possible when every other provider in the aera has them.

To answer Tom: The FSNOH nor FSN-Cincy is NOT available in HD on Dish. ..only SD. There are only about 5-6 FSN HD channels, and these two are not one of them. Not unless they have added them in the last day or two. And getting local network broadcast stations (HD) has nothing to do with the RSNs.

I must say, about a year ago, I moved to Cincy area from WA St. I was not tied down to a contract, and was free to go with anyone. As luck would have it, we were in an apt for about 3 months until our house was built. Since they didn't have an E* dish, I went with Insight Cable and their HD package. This allowed me to test drive another service/equipment. Even though our TVs wer rented and crappy, I found Insight's HD receiver/DVR vastly inferior to E*. So when our house was nearing completion, I explored both E* and D*. D* had HD locals, but E* (and everyone else in the world) said that Cincy was on the list to get HD LiLs by year's end. Local HD was a big deal/critical factor for me, but I stuck with E*, since I was a long time E*customer and had liked their service/equipment. I could live a few months more w/o local HD. So I got the 622 and signed up for two years.

Like others here, I feel like I have been duped. Had I known HD locals weren't coming to Cincy, I would have definitely gone with D*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)