Has Dish lost another teleco bundling partner?

If DishNet is excluding telco-bundled customers from promos that their non-bundled customers are eligible for, they have no one to blame but themselves. An easy fix: let all of your customers, bundled or not, be eligible for the promos.

You don't seem to understand how it works. With a Telco, you are not a Dish Customer. You have to go through Telco Customer Service. It is up to the Telco to pass through promos, which most don't because they don't want to add to CS overhead and or training. So, skip the middleman.

Last edited:
You don't seem to understand how it works. With a Telco, you are not a Dish Customer. You have to go through Telco Customer Service. It is up to the Telco to pass through promos, which most don't because they don't want to add to CS overhead and or training. So, skip the middleman.

Then that's the problem. With DirecTV's telco bundling partners, you still call DirecTV for customer service, including billing disputes, programming changes, equipment orders, etc. The only thing the telco does is print the DirecTV charges on their bill. If a DirecTV/Telco bundle customer contacts the telco about DirecTV charges/services/etc, they are either transferred to or referred to DirecTV to answer those questions. And, since they still get their customer service from DirecTV, they are still eligible for the normal customer promotions.

I don't blame the telco's for not liking the DishNet arrangement, if that's what is going on. Why deal with all that if you can just partner with DirecTV and still have DirecTV provide the customer service for their product?

So, DishNet might not like their relationship with the Telcos, but if it because of the reason you state, it's still their own fault for setting up the relationships in that way.

Telephone companies don't play nice with Dish subs.
Bundling is ultimately a mistake.

I have to agree with that. I've heard too many stories from people that have had really screwed up bills and eventually end up canceling because it never was resolved. All for trying to save $5 a month with the 200 or higher. No thanks, not worth the headache to me.

DirecTV pips rival DISH from CenturyLink web

Aug 2 (Reuters) - DirecTV Group (DTV.O) has pushed arch-foe Dish Network (DISH.O) off rural telephone company CenturyLink's network, a key victory for the top U.S. satellite TV provider fighting to grow its customer base.

Under an exclusive agreement that began Sunday, CenturyLink -- now in the process of buying rival Qwest Communications (Q.N) -- will begin reselling DirecTV but continue to support Dish if customers choose to continue with that service.
"While we've enjoyed having DISH as our video partner, we've decided to try a new TV service that will offer our customers new features," said CenturyLink spokeswoman Stephanie Meisse.

CenturyLink's marketing relationship with Dish dates back to 2005, when the company was known as CenturyTel. Negotiations with DirecTV began before an acquisition agreement was struck with Qwest, Meisse said.

Bundling is ultimately a mistake.

We were going to Bundle Dish with SBC Back in 2005. But SBC couldn't give us the receivers we wanted. So we canceled the install from SBC and we signed up for a direct Dish account. Had service installed the next day after signing up direct through Dish. Man would've we been screwed when ATT when to DIRECTV for bundling. We don't even have ATT services anymore as we moved our Internet and Phone to Comcast.

Just my story.........

Really odd. From reading all the posts here you'd think it would be a pain in the rear to get anything done with your Dish service if you are a bundled customer. In my own experience this has not ever been the case. In fact I am bundled through Centurylink/ex-Embarq. So far they have just handled the billing part and nothing more. I have been able to call Dish directly for programming changes, equipment upgrades/changes, etc.. Not a single problem has arisen from this. When we first got service hooked up I was even able to log into my account on Dish's site and add the Plat HD pack directly and all billing changes reflect on Centurylink's statement. Granted, we haven't really messed with any promos outside of the initial HBO/Sho promo we were offered on signup and didn't bother to fight with to renew since even paying full price for HBO+Sho we are paying much less than when we were with Time Warner.

Hoping that nobody tries to pull a fast one either from CL or Dish due to this change. As enticing as DirecTV's HR receivers are, I'm perfectly content with Dish right now and not willing to go through a messy switchover and paying more for their service.

I wonder if the NEW E:( Profit at all costs is at the root of losing bundlng partners?

E is setting themselves up for some really bad numbers..... the same idiot beancounter that designed the fee increase may have infected the partners.
future sub numbers and churn should be very interesting. Its hard to grow a business:( But very easy to screw it up. I think we are witnessing a BIG E problem that will likely take at least a few years to correct

cr08 said:
Really odd. From reading all the posts here you'd think it would be a pain in the rear to get anything done with your Dish service if you are a bundled customer. In my own experience this has not ever been the case. In fact I am bundled through Centurylink/ex-Embarq. So far they have just handled the billing part and nothing more. I have been able to call Dish directly for programming changes, equipment upgrades/changes, etc.. Not a single problem has arisen from this. When we first got service hooked up I was even able to log into my account on Dish's site and add the Plat HD pack directly and all billing changes reflect on Centurylink's statement. Granted, we haven't really messed with any promos outside of the initial HBO/Sho promo we were offered on signup and didn't bother to fight with to renew since even paying full price for HBO+Sho we are paying much less than when we were with Time Warner.

Hoping that nobody tries to pull a fast one either from CL or Dish due to this change. As enticing as DirecTV's HR receivers are, I'm perfectly content with Dish right now and not willing to go through a messy switchover and paying more for their service.

I have had a similar experience as you I have a CenturyTel/CenturyLink bundle. The only thing that they seem to handle is the billing. I have upgraded or changed programming through Dish's website and I have upgraded to a 922 and negotiated discounts by speaking to Dish directly. As for your thinking that DirecTv's HR series is "enticing" have you ever tried one? This is from my experience and it has been about 15 months, but unless they are a lot better than they were then, if you have had E* equipment then I think you would be disappointed, that is my opinion of course.

As for your thinking that DirecTv's HR series is "enticing" have you ever tried one? This is from my experience and it has been about 15 months, but unless they are a lot better than they were then, if you have had E* equipment then I think you would be disappointed, that is my opinion of course.

Well the most enticing part for me is the multi-room feature and the UPNP access the boxes have to the stored media on your PC's. I am a techie so this is big for me. But not enough for me to switch unless their prices come down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts