Dish Network Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

indian

Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
Ca
Hi,

we have 6 receives in our house. They recently disabled 5 receivers and asked me to do an location id testing which was done successfully.

At the end the asked me to send them the water or electricity bill or gas bill with my name on it. My problem is that the house we live in is my fathers and all the utility bills are on my father name. They do not accept any pay stubs or anything else.
They could have told me when they setup the service that main account holder should be the house owner. Now iam stock 1500$ dish network equipment.

Iam kinda stuck with this horrible Dish Network service. All they keep saying iam very sorry, we are very sorry.

Is there anyway i can reactivate my service? Or do i have to cancel and go to Direct TV?

Please help.

I'd tell them to go screw themselves that they ain't getting no copies of any bills. You passed your little audit and NO the account holder doesn't have to be the owner of the home!!

I'd call to talk to a very high manager there and tell them what is going on if I were you.

i tried. but they do not let speek me to anyone. All they say we are sorry and this is the policy.

Since i live with my father he always was paying the bills now me as an account holder i have to proof a utility bill.

You have any idea where to who i can speak? i have only this number here

1 888 309 0370

Iam really frustrated.

I really think you have nothing to gain and a lot to lose by being rude or pompous with them. You can send them copies of the bills with the account numbers blacked out, with a letter of explanation. This happened because you have so many receivers they suspect you of account stacking.

Sorry to hear that. I had same problem 2 years ago. I had 6 - VIP 722 receivers on my account and they asked me to send them the Utility or electricity bill. My house is on my name but all services are on my wife's name so they did not accept that and disabled 5 other receivers and only kept one active. I hired lawyer and they made DISH gave me money back for 5 - VIP 722 receivers I had purchased and for 6 HD- DVRs I had to buy for Directv. My advice hire a damn good lawyer and make them pay. Good Luck.

I really think you have nothing to gain and a lot to lose by being rude or pompous with them. You can send them copies of the bills with the account numbers blacked out, with a letter of explanation. This happened because you have so many receivers they suspect you of account stacking.

No, I wouldn't send them a damn thing... They have no right to ask for copies of documents like that. The bottom line is here you gave them the numbers they asked for with the audit and passed from what your saying and that's all you need you should have had to do.

I agree with the lawyer idea too which unless you call and raise holy hell with them you may need to get a lawyer to get your money back from all the boxes.

Sorry to hear that. I had same problem 2 years ago. I had 6 - VIP 722 receivers on my account and they asked me to send them the Utility or electricity bill. My house is on my name but all services are on my wife's name so they did not accept that and disabled 5 other receivers and only kept one active. I hired lawyer and they made DISH gave me money back for 5 - VIP 722 receivers I had purchased and for 6 HD- DVRs I had to buy for Directv. My advice hire a damn good lawyer and make them pay. Good Luck.

Did you recover your legal expenses as well?

Heck yeah I recovered my legal fee. They also paid me $3000 for 5 - VIP 722 receivers I had purchased since they disabled them on my account for some BS reason and Lawyer amde them pay for $1500 for Directv 6 HD-DVR and installation. lately DISH is calling me and bagging to go back with them and their executive account manager agreed to give me 6 - VIP 612 receivers for free under leased promotion [when I signed up 3-4 years ago they only had VIP 722 receivers] and they would give me HBO & Showtime free for 6 months and also HD Platinum free for one year since their audit department put me through lot of hassle. Last week they called again and even offered to lease me 2 - VIP 922 receivers and 4 - VIP 612 receivers at no cost but I said hell with your company. Directv tech connect all receivers to my phone line and he said as long as I have connected them to phone line I would never get audited.

I suggest avoiding the ViP612. People that have them don't seem as happy as folks with the ViP722(k).

... They also paid me $3000 for 5 - VIP 722 receivers I had purchased since they disabled them on my account for some BS reason ...
It has been reported here that in cases such as this when E* disables a receiver(s) that those receivers will be activated and allowed to be used on a new or different account. This would allow them to be sold and used by another person on a different account. If this is so, it would seem that there is something fishy here.

Hi,

we have 6 receives in our house. They recently disabled 5 receivers and asked me to do an location id testing which was done successfully.

At the end the asked me to send them the water or electricity bill or gas bill with my name on it. My problem is that the house we live in is my fathers and all the utility bills are on my father name. They do not accept any pay stubs or anything else.
They could have told me when they setup the service that main account holder should be the house owner. Now iam stock 1500$ dish network equipment.

Iam kinda stuck with this horrible Dish Network service. All they keep saying iam very sorry, we are very sorry.

Is there anyway i can reactivate my service? Or do i have to cancel and go to Direct TV?

Please help.

If you have the same last name, I would just send them the water or electricity bill with no explanation, if different I would have your dad write and sign a note explaining that you two live at the same address and request that your dads name be put on the account along with yours.

They will NOT allow them to be active on a different account. They become paperweights.
Were that true, it would be very strange indeed. The Account Holder committed the fraud, not the STB.

If some of the "stacked" receivers were leased, presumably E* would direct the account holder to return those units. On receipt of the returned units do you not think E* will refurb those units and add them to their inventory? Or are you suggesting E* would deep-six them because they were mis-used by the previous account holder? :rolleyes:

A few people have reported that units such as these were re-used by Dish on a new or different account. While I have no first-hand knowledge, you are the first person I have read that disputes those reports.

No matter what. I have closed my account. I will sell those receivers. I hop DN gets more unsatisfied customers. I have not misused those receivers at all. Didnt accept anything than my name on a utility bill. Neither my fathers.

DN is just bunch fraud a...holes. No time to sue them

They will NOT allow them to be active on a different account. They become paperweights.
I was thinking what you wrote here but after thinking about it some more I believe they can be activated but only as a primary receiver on a single receiver account.

No matter what. I have closed my account. I will sell those receivers. I hop DN gets more unsatisfied customers. I have not misused those receivers at all. Didnt accept anything than my name on a utility bill. Neither my fathers.

DN is just bunch fraud a...holes. No time to sue them
Did you contact ceo@dishnetwork.com and politely explain what has happened?

Somehow, I think not.

no i didnt

do you really think that will help ?

THose ceo never reads our common users emails.

Mr. Ergin has a full staff that does read and respond....

Or you can simply contiue to whine and insult people here. Your call

Mr. Ergin has a full staff that does read and respond....

I guess they select to whom they respond because I sent them at least 4-5 emails in the last month and nobody replied. Of course, I was having problems at the time and seemed to me that nobody was interested in dealing with the problems. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)