Has DISH Lost it ways?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I like the stuff being complained about being “outdated” or not moving ahead of the times, when the H3 is still years ahead of the competition.
whats is the ROI on a Hopper4? Would it be worth it to beat your own best being the best on the market, only to not do anything positive for the company?

I like my Hopper 3 it’s us old time dish subscribers that or use to new and exciting things coming down the road . The 3 has been out for awhile now and in the age of computing its old . Lets see what they can make out if the hopper 4 if you just tread water you will eventually sink .

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: pattykay
The entire industry is treading water, and in fact is slowly sinking. There's no upside to spending as much money on new equipment development every few years like there used to be.

The already have that. I have a folder for myself for my programming. My wife has a folder for
herself that has her programming. The stuff that loads the main screen is our programming. You can set your timers to load programs to whatever folder you’d like them to be in.
Maybe I've missed something (wouldn't be the first time). We have top level directories with each of our names, "shared", "news", "music", etc. We record to the appropriate directories. What I haven't figured out how to do is make subdirectories of my choice in my top level directory.

Maybe I've missed something (wouldn't be the first time). We have top level directories with each of our names, "shared", "news", "music", etc. We record to the appropriate directories. What I haven't figured out how to do is make subdirectories of my choice in my top level directory.
So, let me see if I have this straight. You have a series of recordings in a folder in the top level with your name on it and you have selected programs that will place recordings in that folder. Are you asking how to make sub folders for those recordings in your named folder? Help me to understand your thinking of why you want to do that. Are you trying to separate out programming by, say, genre? If so I don't think there is a way to do that.

Reactions: ChadT41
Hi Bobby,

I consider the top level a folder, and anything below it a subfolder (as in PCs). I have a folder, let's say "Joe" i the top level. If I have my recordings set for that folder, they automatically create sub-folders once there's two or more of the same program. What I'd like to do is have sub-folders labeled Sports, Music, Educ, News, Movies, etc. in my TLD folder "Joe" and manage my saved programs accordingly.

Hi Bobby,

I consider the top level a folder, and anything below it a subfolder (as in PCs). I have a folder, let's say "Joe" i the top level. If I have my recordings set for that folder, they automatically create sub-folders once there's two or more of the same program. What I'd like to do is have sub-folders labeled Sports, Music, Educ, News, Movies, etc. in my TLD folder "Joe" and manage my saved programs accordingly.
Kind of what I thought. Sorry, there is no way to do that.

I have Fios and dish and I never really paid attention to Fios one receivers and after comparing the Fios to the great old hopper 3 . I think the Fios box is just as good and a few things better. So in my opinion dish has lost the edge on technology. I know most people can’t get Fios ...Navy it has a red light for recording :)

Reactions: navychop
I have Fios and dish and I never really paid attention to Fios one receivers and after comparing the Fios to the great old hopper 3 . I think the Fios box is just as good and a few things better. So in my opinion dish has lost the edge on technology. I know most people can’t get Fios ...Navy it has a red light for recording :)

Details?

I can tell you one thing FiOS DOESN’T have: An EHD. They dropped support for them, even though the STB chipset supports it. Some were grandfathered in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have watched Verizon Fios TV DVR before down in Florida. The DVR was pretty nice and worked good. But, there is no match to the Hopper 3's 16 tuner capability and hard drive size. It is so nice not having to deal with conflicts.

After nearly 20 years as a Dish subscriber myself, I am increasingly finding that Dish doesn't offer any compelling reason for me to stay. I lost HBO, so now I stream HBO content through Amazon Prime. I lost my RSN, so now I watch sports through other methods. While I do still like the PTAT feature, Dish has never fixed the issue with ABC recordings sometimes not starting at the right time (causing me to miss some episodes entirely), and I have an OTA antenna anyway. The new Dish Anywhere on PC is virtually unwatchable.

I often find myself scrolling through the channel guide at night, not finding anything to watch, and switching over to my Roku to watch something else. So much content has gone elsewhere (HBO, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, CBS All Access, etc.) that Dish simply doesn't have much left. There are a lot of channels, but little of interest on those channels. I'm giving Dish until MLB opening day to see if there is any movement on Marquee Sports Network for Cubs games, but I fully expect nothing to happen. All indications are that they aren't even negotiating, and could end up being the only major carrier that doesn't have the new network. In my opinion, sports are one of the last reasons to subscribe to a traditional pay TV provider, and Dish is pushing themselves into irrelevance with their hard line RSN stance.

This may all be slightly off topic from the original post, as you were referring mostly to hardware, but I thought it fit with the subject line. Come Opening Day, I'm preparing myself for an account hold, after which I will decide whether I missed Dish service at all or if I can join the ranks of the cord-cutters. The clock is ticking!

The Fios box is quicker has 12 tuners with the 2 Dvr set up . All of the client boxes are wireless or wired which ever works for you. The remote is nicer. on demand smokes dish and not to mention the picture quality. Also when you are watching something and switch a channel you can tune back and rewind to see what is going on. Dish use to do that on my old 922 and I think my hopper 2 also . Plus the box’s or half the size of dish .

After nearly 20 years as a Dish subscriber myself, I am increasingly finding that Dish doesn't offer any compelling reason for me to stay. I lost HBO, so now I stream HBO content through Amazon Prime. I lost my RSN, so now I watch sports through other methods. While I do still like the PTAT feature, Dish has never fixed the issue with ABC recordings sometimes not starting at the right time (causing me to miss some episodes entirely), and I have an OTA antenna anyway. The new Dish Anywhere on PC is virtually unwatchable.

I often find myself scrolling through the channel guide at night, not finding anything to watch, and switching over to my Roku to watch something else. So much content has gone elsewhere (HBO, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, CBS All Access, etc.) that Dish simply doesn't have much left. There are a lot of channels, but little of interest on those channels. I'm giving Dish until MLB opening day to see if there is any movement on Marquee Sports Network for Cubs games, but I fully expect nothing to happen. All indications are that they aren't even negotiating, and could end up being the only major carrier that doesn't have the new network. In my opinion, sports are one of the last reasons to subscribe to a traditional pay TV provider, and Dish is pushing themselves into irrelevance with their hard line RSN stance.

This may all be slightly off topic from the original post, as you were referring mostly to hardware, but I thought it fit with the subject line. Come Opening Day, I'm preparing myself for an account hold, after which I will decide whether I missed Dish service at all or if I can join the ranks of the cord-cutters. The clock is ticking!
Can't fault you. I never even look for movies to record anymore, since I just download the ones I want. Once I get on my Firestick, I jump from Prime to Pluto TV - when I can usually find something. The other day, I rescanned my Locals in and was going through the channels and ended up watching some Criminal Minds type show on Escape and ended up spending a few hours watching OTA Subnet channels. It was actually pretty cool watching something different and not having to jump dozens of listings to get there

This one has me mystified. I found the small form factor appealing, though the Bell version (4100?) was a 111 with all the usual outputs and seemed like a great addition to the line. And, unlike the 301, the 111 could handle 8PSK.
I guess the question is: did Dish already have the 311 in place before the 111 came out? If so, then that was already their 8PSK replacement for the 301 series, meaning that there was no real need for the 111. I can understand why some people might want a smaller, stripped-down, easy-to-use receiver with fewer features. However, just because a receiver has a bunch of features you may not want or need, there is no one forcing you to use them. Any receiver can act as a basic receiver for simply watching TV, and you can simply choose not to use the extra features. For example, I mostly use my Wally and Hopper Duo for watching existing recordings these days. Having access to more advanced features like on-demand and Pandora streaming is nice, but not something that I use on a daily basis.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts