Has the DTVPal DVR started shipping yet? (Yes)

WildBill

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Florida
When I pre-ordered mine on Dec. 1, I was told the expected shipping date was Dec. 17th. When I checked the web site today, it says that orders placed after Dec. 6th are expected to ship Jan. 12th, but says nothing about earlier orders. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything. Was hoping to get it by Christmas.

I don't think the 722K is available yet either. Their timelines have apparently shifted since the tech chat. The new software for organizing into folders on the EHD never made it out and it was expected shortly after the chat as I recall. Have the new remotes ever shipped?

When I pre-ordered mine on Dec. 1, I was told the expected shipping date was Dec. 17th. When I checked the web site today, it says that orders placed after Dec. 6th are expected to ship Jan. 12th, but says nothing about earlier orders. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything. Was hoping to get it by Christmas.

Actually the term used was on or after 12/17/08 and I think even that date might be inaccurate. They aren't shipping yet. I'm sure the patient Crusaders out there will get their DVRs sometime in the next few weeks though. ;)

Last edited:
I don't think the 722K is available yet either. Their timelines have apparently shifted since the tech chat. The new software for organizing into folders on the EHD never made it out and it was expected shortly after the chat as I recall. Have the new remotes ever shipped?

The new remotes HAVE shipped.:) I received 2 of 'em yesterday.:up

Ed

Did you check on the Dish website? I couldn't even log on to Dish's website today.......said they were having problems.

My order last month said something like that. I was billed almost immediately, so I was assuming it was already being shipped. So far I haven't seen it, and I don't know of any way to check if it has been shipped.

I ordered mine 11/20. I'm looking forward to it, but things are so busy right now, I couldn't spend much time with it if I had it.

Did you check on the Dish website? I couldn't even log on to Dish's website today.......said they were having problems.

I checked the DTVPal.com website. When I placed my order over the phone, I was asked specifically if I understood that I was placing a pre-order and that the item would not ship until Dec. 17th.

I understand that they have their asses covered in the fine print if they are late, just wanted to know when to expect it since I'll be traveling over the holidays.

Where did you get them from?

From Dish directly. Just tell 'em you want to order the new 21.0 remote. $19.99 + $5.95 shipping + sales tax. I ordered 3, 2 showed up yesterday and the third one came while I was typing this!:up
BTW, don't pay any attention when they tell you it won't work with your equipment. Works fine with my 622 & 722. They don't come with any instructions so I haven't had any luck with the learning feature but I'm just happy they work with my Olevia TVs & receivers. They should have a manual online S O O N..............

Ed

I ordered one for my dad. I gave him an old HD TV and it doesn't have an ATSC tuner just NTSC. I specifically asked when it would be shipping so I could determine where to send it and they said January 12th. If it goes out sooner, they will not be home.

S~

From what I can tell no one has received a tracking number or any sort of confirmation of shipment except a person on a phone saying yes they are being shipped with no other details offered....

You mean you talked to everyone that ordered one and they told you they didn't get a tracking number?

Wow you must have been busy. ;)

So far only a small amount have gone out and today another small amount are going out. This is what I am being told by Dish Network and have no reason to doubt them.

No units have been shipped to retailers yet.

You mean you talked to everyone that ordered one and they told you they didn't get a tracking number?

Wow you must have been busy. ;)

So far only a small amount have gone out and today another small amount are going out. This is what I am being told by Dish Network and have no reason to doubt them.

No units have been shipped to retailers yet.

While I agree that we cant possibly know who's getting what when, I placed an order, they wanted FULL PAYMENT up front (I guess being a customer for 10 years gets you no special treatment) and was assured they would have stock on 12/17.
So this small batch thing is kind of confusing. If they got them, send them. They've had a month's worth of orders to beat the prisoners in China to turn them out to fulfill the orders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)