Has your view on Platinum Changed

I never posted that HD Absolute subs get "all the non-premium HD channels" DUDE!

What I posted is that AFAIK in 2009 HD Absolute subs have gotten ALL of the HD channels added to the (read this carefully dude) PLATINUM PACKAGE that is the subject of this thread-- just in case you didn't read the title :)

Talon Dancer
Wow. Platinum HD is the top tier package. And they are getting the new 2009 channels that Absolute HD are getting.(The scumbags [tongue] ) But they are NOT getting all new non-premium HD despite paying for the top tier.

My reading comprehension is good.

You must be so proud getting stiffed by Dish.

Hmmm...actual breaks during the movie? Or between movies?

I guess I don't care as long as it's unedited. I usually just DVR movies and save them up for Sunday afternoon anyway.

During the movie. I don't care about commercials between movies, but during the movie I can't stand it. It breaks the flow and ruins the pacing. I don't mind skipping commercials on TV shows with planned breaks, but just can't do it. MGM HD really isn't bad at the moment, as the breaks are short and quite infrequent, so if that sort of thing doesn't bother you, it shouldn't be too bad. But it's a start down the same slippery slope Universal HD went down.

I never posted that HD Absolute subs get "all the non-premium HD channels" DUDE!

What I posted is that AFAIK in 2009 HD Absolute subs have gotten ALL of the HD channels added to the (read this carefully dude) PLATINUM PACKAGE that is the subject of this thread-- just in case you didn't read the title :)

Talon Dancer
Do you know when Encore HD was added to the Platinum package? Absolute subs don't get it and I've never kept track of when it was added. Big10 is another question - but I wouldn't get it either way living out west.

Do you know when Encore HD was added to the Platinum package? Absolute subs don't get it and I've never kept track of when it was added. Big10 is another question - but I wouldn't get it either way living out west.
Encore is in TurboHD Gold.

Big10 is in TurboHD Silver or better, as long as you either live in region or subscribe to the $5.99 multi-sport pack.

Okay, I've watched some of several different shows on MaxTV... and the whole thing - despite HD cameras - is barely above the level of Youtube,

So true! I've tried watching it a bit while I still have Platinum, but yea, it feels like Public Access TV, at best.

FashionTV is well produced, but seems to have a lot of filler.

Which, to be fair, seems to be true of a lot of channels these days...

Wow. Platinum HD is the top tier package. And they are getting the new 2009 channels that Absolute HD are getting.(The scumbags [tongue] ) But they are NOT getting all new non-premium HD despite paying for the top tier.

My reading comprehension is good.

You must be so proud getting stiffed by Dish.
Umm.. for someone who's "reading comprehension is good", you seem to be badly misinformed :eek: For example, "Platinum HD is the top tier package." - BZZZZT - the Platinum HD package is NOT the top tier Dish HD package. It is a $10 add on HD package to ANY other HD package. Yes even the lowly Bronze HD package.

FWIW if "getting stiffed by Dish" means that, as an HD absolute sub, I get nearly all of the (non-premium and non-RSN HD) that Dish provides in ANY of their other packages for a mere $29.99/mo., then yes I am "so proud" to be an HD Absolute sub :)

Talon Dancer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts