Hauppauge HD PVR 2 on the hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kpip99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
I'm thinking about switching from uverse to dish and the hopper. My question is has anyone used a hauppauge HD PVR 2 to pull recordings off of their hopper ? Just wondering if it works before I switch. I did this on my uverse without any trouble. Thanks.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I use the Happauge HD PVR 2 to record the HDMI output of a SuperJoey. It records the majority of channels, but will not do channels that have DLNA protection such as the premium channels. I then import the recording into my computer when I can edit and burn to DVD or Blu-Ray or just store on hard drive.

I've been thinking about getting one of those. In the past I've burned to a dvdr, but that is by composite cables. This would do hd, if I'm correct. Does it work well with a Hopper?

I've been thinking about getting one of those. In the past I've burned to a dvdr, but that is by composite cables. This would do hd, if I'm correct. Does it work well with a Hopper?

The big thing I miss is that the Hopper nor the Joeys have S-Video out, as that connection seems to be phasing out of a lot of consumer electronics. The difference in PQ was tremendous. A Stand Def recording of an HD source after being unscaled by the DVD or Blu-ray player was almost like an HD experience. However, being forced to use the composite results in a noticeably inferior PQ. On occasion I still record using an S-VHS recorder and after many recordings of the composite out PQ, I sort of forgot about how good the S-Video was. But one time after viewing my composite HD source recording, the tape began to play an older HD source via Dish S-Video, and it was ASTOUNDING how much better the S-Video was. Oh, well. Times change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)