Hauppauge HD PVR 2 on the hopper

kpip99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
I'm thinking about switching from uverse to dish and the hopper. My question is has anyone used a hauppauge HD PVR 2 to pull recordings off of their hopper ? Just wondering if it works before I switch. I did this on my uverse without any trouble. Thanks.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I use the Happauge HD PVR 2 to record the HDMI output of a SuperJoey. It records the majority of channels, but will not do channels that have DLNA protection such as the premium channels. I then import the recording into my computer when I can edit and burn to DVD or Blu-Ray or just store on hard drive.

I've been thinking about getting one of those. In the past I've burned to a dvdr, but that is by composite cables. This would do hd, if I'm correct. Does it work well with a Hopper?

I've been thinking about getting one of those. In the past I've burned to a dvdr, but that is by composite cables. This would do hd, if I'm correct. Does it work well with a Hopper?

The big thing I miss is that the Hopper nor the Joeys have S-Video out, as that connection seems to be phasing out of a lot of consumer electronics. The difference in PQ was tremendous. A Stand Def recording of an HD source after being unscaled by the DVD or Blu-ray player was almost like an HD experience. However, being forced to use the composite results in a noticeably inferior PQ. On occasion I still record using an S-VHS recorder and after many recordings of the composite out PQ, I sort of forgot about how good the S-Video was. But one time after viewing my composite HD source recording, the tape began to play an older HD source via Dish S-Video, and it was ASTOUNDING how much better the S-Video was. Oh, well. Times change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)