Hauppauge HD PVR Model 1212...is this the answer?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I for one have six HD Star Wars films recorded on my Dish DVR that are begging for a permanent home on my HTPC ;) ...that transfer process is why I'm getting this box.

I see a use for this with my Comcast box. I would love to get HD network programs to my computer, strip the commercials and watch them the next night. I did this for years prior to HD. I got where I could strip the c's out of a one hour show in under 2.5 minutes. And turning the 2 hour premiers of "24" into a 1 hr 29 minute DVD move was fantastic. I'll be watching for this Hauppauge card. I have been following discussions re Hauppauge on the AfterDawn forums but have not seen this one mentioned yet.

Most Comcast systems don't encrypt the local channels, and there are already QAM tuners available for the PC. Are you one of the unlucky ones with an uncooperative cable company?

"Are you one of the unlucky ones with an uncooperative cable company?"
More or less. Also want to use it in the future with Direct. Hope to be rid of Comcast in 6 months. Just want something that would work with either.

I for one have six HD Star Wars films recorded on my Dish DVR that are begging for a permanent home on my HTPC ;) ...that transfer process is why I'm getting this box.

You can rent the Star Wars films in DVD quality for 99 cents.

So, what you want is the HD quality.

If you go digital-to-analog-to-digital with two $10 conversion chips, you are losing significant quality - more quality difference than what people call "HD-Lite" vs. "HD".

PS There's no doubt that Lucas will release all 6 on Blu-Ray and the quality will be better yet.

PS There's no doubt that Lucas will release all 6 on Blu-Ray and the quality will be better yet.
Yes, that's what I'm waiting for, Yet Another Copy of the Star Wars original trilogy in Yet Another Format to go with my multiple LaserDisc and DVD versions. :D
I stayed away from the VHS versions since I've had optical from 1982

Regarding the device in question, this is $100 less than the internal HDMI/Component PCI Express card from BlackMagic. Gasoline and food may be going up in price, but thank goodness Moore's Law still holds!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)