Have (2) 34 switches..Would I need 44?

well for one thing the dpp44 can stack you can put two tuners on one coax can't do that with a dp34 no matter how many you have also a dpp44 can do 4 satellites a dp34 can handle 3.

2 tuners?

You mean 1 coax to family room to drive both tuners of a 942?

yes, that is correct, you can even backfeed back over that single cable with a properly rated diplexor

bdemz said:
You mean 1 coax to family room to drive both tuners of a 942?

Yes, 1 cable to feed both tuners on the 942 with a DP44 and a DishPro separator.

bdemz said:
Why would I ever need a 44 switch?

Thanks
The only good reason would be for 4 satellites as the DPP44 cost $180 new. The only other reason might be to use the DPP separators but you can also cascade up to three DP34 for 12 outputs if needed. The DPP44 can also be cascaded.

Where did you guys acquire all this knowledge? Is there some magical source that you absorb endless amounts of information? If so, point me in that direction.

Most of the guys are in the industry installing or running an install company. some are just really educated consumers

Ground Block said:
Where did you guys acquire all this knowledge? Is there some magical source that you absorb endless amounts of information? If so, point me in that direction.

On our planet, we call it the Internet...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)