Have 61.5 do I need Dish 1000?

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
Dish called me Saturday about getting HBO and I kindly turned them down because I have already spent on the VIP622. This will be my first DVR. The CSR checked my account and told me that I am scheduled for a afternoon install on the 21st. Also that I am scheduled for a Dish1000.

Do I need the Dish 1000 if I have the 61.5? Or if they are going to install the Dish1000 should I go ahead and let them? I am outside Raleigh, N.C. and I believe that Raleigh HD-LIL will come off of 61.5.

Hey Scott- I asked this in another thread (gotta start subscribing), but do you think there is any advantage to just going ahead and let them put up a Dish 1000 anyway (assuming you have 2 Dish w/ 61.5) since it's included in the 622 install?

If you have a setup looking at 61.5 keep it. I had a Dish 1000 installed and I'm having major dropouts on 129.. They are coming out again for the third time tomorrow to try to fix it. If it does not get better I'm going to ask for my 61.5 back.

gdarwin said:
If you have a setup looking at 61.5 keep it. I had a Dish 1000 installed and I'm having major dropouts on 129.. They are coming out again for the third time tomorrow to try to fix it. If it does not get better I'm going to ask for my 61.5 back.

Haveing same prob here, good thing I am a retailer and not dns, where they send what you should have.

I am supposed to be installing the D1000, which I have with some success, but alot of problems getting 129. It is low on the horizon here. So If it don't work I just throw up a D500 or 300 at 61.5, problem solved.

caseyatbt said:
Do 129 and 61.5 have the same content on them?

jc

As far as New HD, voom etc. they do......But they also carry locals on 129, and other stuff on 61.5.

BTW: I am in SD105 market so they say to install and dish 1000 and Superdish with DPP44. What a waste(both getting 119 and 110), plus customers complain. So I talk most into a SD and 500. Also the 129 or 61.5 is for all the new customers who are wanting the new HD.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts