Have 622 Upgrade - How to get 211?

SouthRider

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Covington, La
I took advantage of the upgrade offer & switched my 942 for a 622 a few months ago.

My owned 501 is now failing - So I would now like to replace it with a 211 for the bedroom.

Customer service says that I can't, because only one upgrade is allowed in a 12 month period.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Costs of 622

I have an old 301 and want to upgrade to the 622 (HD and DVR). The customer service reps (in Manilla) tell me it will cost $199.00, though she offered to give $25 off that price. I think that is way too expensive and am calling other providers (Comcast, Direct, FiOS).

What kinds of prices are you guys seeing for the an upgrade to 622? Any one recommend any other types of negotiating strategys?

Thanx Scott,

I went that route when I upgraded my 942 in early 2005.

I don't know why I didn't think of that - lets see what they say.

I have an old 301 and want to upgrade to the 622 (HD and DVR). The customer service reps (in Manilla) tell me it will cost $199.00, though she offered to give $25 off that price. I think that is way too expensive and am calling other providers (Comcast, Direct, FiOS).

What kinds of prices are you guys seeing for the an upgrade to 622? Any one recommend any other types of negotiating strategys?

That's the current deal. If you upgrade to an HDMetal package, you can also get a $10 for 10 month credit on your bill.

I actually did have to go to the CEO's office. Two different calls to the CSR's got no results (& very little intelligible English).

I got great results from my email - within a couple hours I got an email response asking when I would like the new receiver installed.

I called today to explain that installation wasn't necessary - "No problem we can ship it if you like - but wouldn't you like it this weekend? We can have a tech drop it off to you Sunday afternoon - by the way - you have been with us for a long time - there is NO CHARGE for the upgrade to the 211".

You really can't ask for better service than that.

Thought Y'all should know. :up :up :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts