Have 811 thinking about getting 508

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
you havent told us what you have.

at the very minimum you will need a twin lnbf (you have an 811 so its probably dishpro)

you will also need a run of RG6 from the dish to wherever you want to put the 508.

Thats about it.

Is it possible to use a Y connector instead of running another cable?

I think I have the Dish Pro, but will check when I go back to my house on Friday.

Thanks,
Bob

Green Eggs said:
Is it possible to use a Y connector instead of running another cable?

I think I have the Dish Pro, but will check when I go back to my house on Friday.

Thanks,
Bob

there are multiple reasons why a y connector or splitter wouldnt work... but if you have a twin run that extra line.

I have the DishPro dish with 2 lnbf things, but only one is connected to my existing RG6 cable where the cable is accessible from outside my house by the telephone hook up. The RG6 cable was put in when they built my house.

So it sounds like I'll have to run another cable. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. I was trying to read more about why I can't use a splitter so I could use just 1 cable, but still haven't found out exactly why yet?

Thanks for your help.
Bob

Green Eggs said:
I have the DishPro dish with 2 lnbf things, but only one is connected to my existing RG6 cable where the cable is accessible from outside my house by the telephone hook up. The RG6 cable was put in when they built my house.

So it sounds like I'll have to run another cable. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. I was trying to read more about why I can't use a splitter so I could use just 1 cable, but still haven't found out exactly why yet?

Thanks for your help.
Bob
The biggest reason is with a dish 500 satellite system you are getting signals from the 119 and the 110 satellites if you used a splitter you would only be able to access 1 satellite. The 811 couldn't choose 1 channel off the 110 satellite and the 508 wanted a channel off 119. With two cables off the Twin each receiver can select the channel and satellite. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts