Have a 942, picture flickers now....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sicemdawgs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
Suwanee, GA
This just happened yesterday. I have a 942, Pioneer Receiver, Xbox 360 and 52" TV with a Monster Power strip.

Wife turned on the TV and 942, everything is fine. Then the Pioneer receiver shuts down, says AMP ERROR and MCACC flashes (indicating serious problem).

I get home, turn on the 942, and the picture now flickers about every 3 seconds (every channel). Soft and hard reboots do not fix it. I also notice my Xbox settings have reverted to regular TV (instead of HDTV). I had reset the Pioneer receiver, and then it shuts down again.

I reset the circuit breaker, problems still there. Then tried the other plug in the same outlet, same.

So then I plug the Monster strip into a different outlet and the problems go away. No flickering of the 942 and the Pioneer is not shutting down.

I assume the problem is with the outlet, but what could have caused it? We haven't had rain or storms in about 2 weeks (Atlanta area). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)