Status
Please reply by conversation.

CWS_kahuna

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
California
Got my HD Tivo installed last night, so far so good.

Just like my old Samsung 160 HD Box when I use the DVI or HDMI connection the picture on my TV shifts slightly to the right. On the Samsing there was a setup option for the Monitor which allowed me to shift it back but I was unable to find this option on the HD Tivo. So does the HD Tivo not have the ability to make this adjustment? If it does where do I need to look to find it?

Thanks

Well that's a bummer.

The problem is not really a problem watching HD or SD channels with the ratio set to full. It's only noticeable when watching something with side bars as the bar on the left is bigger than the bar on the right. Really nothing I can't deal with but I assumed since my much older Samsung box had the adjustment that this HD Tivo probably did as well.

It very well may be something with the settings on my TVs DVI port but that fact is the Samsung box had an adjustment to counter act this, I just assumed all the HD boxes did. The bad part is if it's my TV, it only allows adjustments up & down not side to side like I need.

Regardless that small issue aside, so far I am loving this new HD Tivo. Can't wait to see what the MPEG 4 HDDVR will have to offer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)