Status
Please reply by conversation.

JUCJ85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
NY
If in wrong place I apologize.

Anyway, I am unsure when a new release is out in theaters how long till its on DirecTV Cinema?

And when downloading it, when does the 24 hour or 48 hour window start, I have a slow not terrible, but slower connection router from verizon, so I am just worried.

I plan on getting a new router like a faster dsl router, or something.

Anyway, thanks a bunch to everyone here, I love this place, and you guys are helpful everytime I or anyone else has a question.

"slower connection router from Verizon" what does that mean?

what is the make & model of your router?

what is your purchased D/L speed from them?

"slower connection router from Verizon" what does that mean?

what is the make & model of your router?

what is your purchased D/L speed from them?

generic westell they give for DSL, I dont know the D/L Speeds, but it is slow.

FiOS is not available yet here in Albany, NY area according to the verizon.com website.

I have called numerous times, and they keep saying the connection is fine, but it is not, it is slow and goes out at times. It might be the wiring IMO cause my house is an old house, and same wiring since 2000. Could that be the major issue for lack of speed.

possibles for sure; but it would really help to know what speeds you pay for / should be getting. Routers generally aren't the biggest pain points.

possibles for sure; but it would really help to know what speeds you pay for / should be getting. Routers generally aren't the biggest pain points.

Charper,
Before I left Verizon, thier top DSL speed was 3 mg and the were promoting 1 MG, couldn't believe it when they were pushing 1 and others are at 10, 20, 50.
Ofcourse , I can't afford the real fast stuff, I'm at 10 currently and doing just fine.

tested it, it is terrible. .56 mbps on download, and .30 mbps upload.

I dont get why so slow. should be getting between 1.2-1.7 mbps of download.

tested it, it is terrible. .56 mbps on download, and .30 mbps upload.

I dont get why so slow. should be getting between 1.2-1.7 mbps of download.

Could be a number of things.
Have Verizon come out and check the speed at your Network Interface and the modem as well.

If it's not where it should be at the NI, trouble is outside, if it is, trouble could be modem, router, computer exc.

Even then 1.2-1.7 is still very slow for downloading movies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts