Have Hopper Plus Problems gotten better

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
It has now been several months and many updates. Recent posts seem to indicate problems where the Joey 4 needs to be rebooted every day. But I have not heard many updates on the Hopper Plus problems other that slow response for trick play.

1) The Hopper Plus initially output everything with HDR on. Several have complained that SDR broadcasts looked bad. Is this fixed?
2) Have they implemented multiview?
3) Can you now adjust aspect ratio?
4) How stable is the Hopper Plus? How often does it need to be rebooted?
5) How many have disconnected their Hopper Plus?
6) Any other comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me the Joey 4.0 has worked perfectly except for one time it lost its link to the Hopper and required to be swapped out. In general yes things are much more stable and tolerable.

1. NO SD is still looking bad with the inability to change the picture size/format.
  2. No only a very sad app
  3. As in #1 no
  4. I have stopped doing anything unusual no checking updates or force updating the guide and I only get stuck once a week, I guess.
  5. I did for a week almost disconnected Dish! I only streamed that week it was nice! I calmed down and got everything going. I had a major problem with the Plus
  6. HUM...
  • Fast forward still jumps
  • No power/sleep options to select
  • No only HD channels in guide
  • Each night's update resets some random settings to default

I spoke too soon apparently. I started the Hopper up to check and remember if there were any other problems. It turned on and refused to leave the Plus home/start screen. And now starts the endless resets. First power cycle no live tv No tuners available or in use. was backing up to do another restart and live TV BUT guide says no data available. I swear I want some serious payback for all this now what I will call abuse! I did nothing but turn my dam TV on!!!

I just disconnected the H+ yesterday.I actually only had to reboot twice in 15 days but the whole thing seemed slow and clunky.Now the H3 seems snappy and fast
The advantages of having everything all in one spot were outweighed by the general feeling that I was wrestling with it.
I'm going to experiment more with the Android TV side of things-Just ordered a Nividia pro Shield to play with.
Did I regret trying it?Not at all-only cost was my time which at this point I have.I"ll try again someday.

I just disconnected the H+ yesterday.I actually only had to reboot twice in 15 days but the whole thing seemed slow and clunky.Now the H3 seems snappy and fast
The advantages of having everything all in one spot were outweighed by the general feeling that I was wrestling with it.
I'm going to experiment more with the Android TV side of things-Just ordered a Nividia pro Shield to play with.
Did I regret trying it?Not at all-only cost was my time which at this point I have.I"ll try again someday.
I have an Nvidia Shield Pro. Make sure you do ALL the updates. They just added support for Dolby Vision and the picture is stellar. The AI 4K Upscaling is very good. but depending on your TV, make sure you calibrate it for HDR/Dolby-Vision

I have an Nvidia Shield Pro. Make sure you do ALL the updates. They just added support for Dolby Vision and the picture is stellar. The AI 4K Upscaling is very good. but depending on your TV, make sure you calibrate it for HDR/Dolby-Vision
Dodging the 4k bullet for the present.My panasonic TC P60GT30 still looks good to me.
I use Plex alot as a media center and it appears the Shield handles more audio than my Roku Ultra (or PS5 for that matter.)or the H+.

Dodging the 4k bullet for the present.My panasonic TC P60GT30 still looks good to me.
I use Plex alot as a media center and it appears the Shield handles more audio than my Roku Ultra (or PS5 for that matter.)or the H+.

It does! I use the Shield Pro more for Plex and gaming - when I can get it to work right with Steam than anything else since my Sony TV has all the other apps I regularly use

Nvidia computer graphics cards are really good and highly trusted don't know why I did not think of this! My Xbox series x is blowing Dish Plus away as well!

As I have said before, I have the 8K 85” Sony Z9K, as I thought before, picture looks great, I hooked my Shield back up, having it do the up-converting from 1080P to 4K then letting the TV up-convert from there to 8K.

I have never seen regular TV programming look so good, 4K looks great on it no matter what, but now letting the Shield do some of work, even reg TV looks 4K.

I watched last weeks FBI on Paramount+, just incredible looking.

Reactions: charlesrshell
As I have said before, I have the 8K 85” Sony Z9K, as I thought before, picture looks great, I hooked my Shield back up, having it do the up-converting from 1080P to 4K then letting the TV up-convert from there to 8K.

I have never seen regular TV programming look so good, 4K looks great on it no matter what, but now letting the Shield do some of work, even reg TV looks 4K.

I watched last weeks FBI on Paramount+, just incredible looking.
Yep, even though mine is a lesser model, the X900H, my buddy watches Football with me, then goes home and tells me he's depressed watching his LG UHD with his Firestick.
I watched a review of 2023 TV's form CES and sadly, Sony was underwhelming, but some of the others, LG especially (I hate WebOS) and TCL really stepped up with new Mini LED's in their highest rated series.

View: https://youtu.be/eseyY6faJw4

Reactions: charlesrshell