Have problems locating the JCTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

superslug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
Trenton,MO
I have motorized system and my receiver is OpenBox. My dish turns to the east. The dish start to move down and change the angle. I can pickup all the West satellites, but have a problem with the east satellites. I’m just a new kid on the block learning about FTA systems.:coffee

Sounds like the dish was not properly set to track the arc of satellites.

Did you install your system to use USALS motor control or are you using DiSEqC1.2 motor control? I would strongly suggest that you use USALS, input your longitude/latitude and the receiver will drive the motor to the calculated east/west motor setting.

Instructions for setting up a motor to properly track the satellites are in the FAQ section in this forum. http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-faqs/190527-how-set-up-motorized-ku-band.html

I have a DisEq 1.2 motor. Lat 40 , but I had to setup the motor 45 lat and 40 on the dish to get a signal. I first start had the 40 on motor and 20 on the dish, but no signal at all. My dish is located on a pole in my back yard. Basically, I took off dish network tv dish and add my fta dish system.

Last edited:
In the receiver there are motor settings to select the type of motor control that you will use to control the motor. Select USALS and enter your Longitude and Latitude. Select a satellite that has an orbital position that is close to your longitude. The motor will move to the calculated motor position. Select an active transponder from "The List" tab at the top of this page (the receiver will not detect the satellite if it is set to an inactive transponder frequency).

What brand and model of motor and dish? The motor must be mounted on a plumb and level post. The motor latitude setting scale is set to match your latitude. The dish angle will be set according to the chart provided with your motor (typically between 20 -30 degrees).

Time to read through the excellent motor install guides provided on the previous post..... Trust me! Read the guides!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts