Have Sat TV - Who provides your internet service.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dish Network
Hopper 3, - 3 Joey2, 211z, 211k
Top 200
Cinemax
Moviepack
Encore
$157 with discounts

Internet,
Blueridge Communications
15/2 700GB cap
$67.95

AT&T wireless
7GB Family Share plan unlimited talk/text.
4 lines Galaxy, S5, S6A, S6A, S7EG.
Taxes and 3 insured phones.
$155 .

Except for when it's not. I have HughesNet as a secondary ISP and in the evening (like now 7p EST), it's next to useless. During the day I can get 30Mb down and the ping is 300-400 ms less. When I'm playing around in the evening with various things, if I'm on satellite and one of my VMs starts to update, my internet access comes to a grinding halt.

To the OP, if you live in the Tampa area, that means you’re Spectrum former BHN. Under the new Spectrum Pricing, your base package would be either 60Mb or 100Mb for $60/month. You may be able to get a discounted rate for a year, Not sure if that’s more or less than you’re paying currently, but if it’s less, and you are a legacy Brighthouse plan, you may want to consider the new Spectrum Plans
I do live in the Tampa area and have been considering this. The reason for my post was to see if any other options were out there. Thanks to all who to took the time to respond. People like you are make this site worth visiting.

Reactions: pattykay
Have you looked into satellite internet? The technology with Exede and Hughes has gotten much better the last 5 years or so. Lower latency and faster speeds.

as soon as they go unlimited, 25mbps, and under 100ms latency i will think about it

Reactions: Jim S.
I forgot to add my cell service to my list.

Dish Flex Pack $48
Comcast 25mb Internet $55
Consumer Cellular unlimited talk and text, 500MB data, 3 phones, $72

Dish at200 for TV with hws, a super joey, a Joey 1.0, and a wireless joey for TV. For $99.98

Verizon fios 150dn/150up for $45.49
Have dish instead of fios tv because fios tv is very expensive in my area when I had tv as well with a smaller channel package my bill was over $240 a month under a promotion.

Verizon wireless for with 38 gigs before rollover data for me and my wife for about $175

Dish Welcome pack with moviepak $40
Cox 50 Mbps with a cap $77.99 (25Mbps is $59,so not much a savings)
Verizon, no contract $45 for one S5 cell, which I share with my spouse.

One of the new streaming services is option if you don't have a small data cap.
I made the switch from Dish to a Cox bundle 9 or 10 months ago. Once I had a tivo and Cox got serious with bundle discounts, I couldn't justify the costs of separate services anymore. If Dish would have made all the offers they did when I cancelled, I might of stayed, but it was too late at that point. I'm at the equivalent of AT120 and 150/10 internet for $110 with Tivo and cablecard. It'll go to $140 after the 2nd year, but still be cheaper than what I was paying for separate services.
That was my argument for bundling with Mediacom two years ago -- they saved me about sixty dollars a month. But two years later I have unbundled and gone back to DirecTV and Vonage although I stayed with Mediacom for internet because there's no reasonable broadband alternative in my Des Moines, IA, neighborhood. Reason: programming and picture quality for some sports channels I watched most often. I know -- I'm a sports fan, so I pay for the privilege. But Mediacom didn't and doesn't plan to offer MLB, NHL and NBA networks, and soccer and hockey on NBC Sports network and other channels (CNBC, USA) is frequently deathly pixilated. Plus, after two years, they raised my rate so that I'm only paying about twenty more a month for nonbundle than I would for bundle. If Mediacom cable was 100% comparable with either Dish or DirecTV I would have stayed.

Flex with Heartland $36, up to $56 during football season.
+
Comcast 25Mbps Internet 2yr special $40

Imo not too bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)