Have you ever been so disgusted with pay tv?

Disgusted with price of pay tv?

• Absolutely

Votes: 77 82.8%
  • Absolutely not

Votes: 16 17.2%

• Total voters
$100-$200 a month for entertainment for a full month doesnt bother me, because one night out at the bar I can easily drop a $100-$200 and not think twice about it.

I have had some weekends were I have dropped between $500-$1000 spread out over the weekend, especially if its a road trip.

lol I know exactly where my bill is.So no need to do something about that.:D

In all seriousness schermann,I have done that,all my refer a friend credits are starting to expire now,and here these days,Dish is a tough sell.Been with Dish for over 12 years referred many customers,installed quite a few dishes as well,so I would call that a good customer.

Put it this way,I haven't threatened the cancel word yet,but I am getting very close.

I just figure that it is what it is. I either choose to pay for what I want or I don't. No sense in getting worked up about it or complaining. Having cheaper packages would be great but I'd still subscribe to a high package because that's what I like.

Even if Dish had a package with to the most popular 50 channels in it for $30 I'd still pay for the higher package and sports pack because I want a variety.

Since I do that I sacrifice spending money on other things like name brand clothes and shoes. I have an inexpensive house. I couldn't care less about flashy things like decorations outside or even in my house. To me that's a waste of money. Some spend hundreds on Christmas decorations, not this guy.

I pay $41/month, with AT250, All 4 premiums, BB@Home(1/2Off), 2H2J. Im not allowed to complain about my Dish Bill here, I think. LOL.

Reactions: bigjohnok
I pay $41/month, with AT250, All 4 premiums, BB@Home(1/2Off), 2H2J. Im not allowed to complain about my Dish Bill here, I think. LOL.
Same boat I pay $50ish but like I said before dropping a $100-$200 a month for a full months worth of entertainment doesn't bother me one bit. now dish isnt my only source of income I pull in a decent VA disability check and on my days off whenever I feel like it I pick up electrical work from a local contractor.

$100-$200 a month for entertainment for a full month doesnt bother me
Once tv gets over around $60 or so I start doing the math on new customer promos with the competitors. Personally I just cant justify paying more than that for something I just dont use all that often outside of live sports

, because one night out at the bar I can easily drop a $100-$200 and not think twice about it.

I have had some weekends were I have dropped between $500-$1000 spread out over the weekend, especially if its a road trip

........What are you buying at these bars?? Rounds for the whole dang place? lol

Reactions: fhsucade07
Sure hope it isn't after one of those nights at the bar! LOL!
Currently, my monthly tab is $107.99 for cable, phone and Internet bundled and a Netflix subscription.
Been working with electricity at all voltages and amperage from low voltage stuff up to 32kv for 16 years of my life,
electricity doesn't scare me.

........What are you buying at these bars?? Rounds for the whole dang place? lol

I dont drink bottom shelf or middle shelf stuff. Shot of patron is anywhere from $7-10 and shot of tullamore dew is around the same price point, then factor in beers tips and money for the juke box, it adds up quickly. I tip nicely because when the bar or club gets busy that bartender will remember you and will serve you before the non or cheap tippers.

No wonder you like Dish so much. How did you manage that? Severance package from when you worked for their call centre?
Roommate is still an employee. If I wasn't so pissed off the the speeds, I'd still be getting discounts on my cell bill too, as my other roommate works for them. Honestly, no, I don't like dish because my bill is so low. I am a fan for many many other reasons, and the first being the hopper.

Same boat I pay $50ish but like I said before dropping a $100-$200 a month for a full months worth of entertainment doesn't bother me one bit. now dish isnt my only source of income I pull in a decent VA disability check and on my days off whenever I feel like it I pick up electrical work from a local contractor.
Had the dish/va income for awhile. Not a bad route to go. Now it's VA/GI Bill income, and charge roommate rent so my mortgage is paid for and then some. I'm actually making a significant amount more now that I am back in school, then when I was working for dish. And for what I did at dish, I considered myself paid handsomely. The school get up, is actually really great for veterans, beleive it or not, we finally got something right.

I dont drink bottom shelf or middle shelf stuff. Shot of patron is anywhere from $7-10 and shot of tullamore dew is around the same price point, then factor in beers tips and money for the juke box, it adds up quickly. I tip nicely because when the bar or club gets busy that bartender will remember you and will serve you before the non or cheap tippers.
Very impressive. :rolleyes:

Reactions: the mack
My wife has spent months asking me to cut the cord. I would except I spend hours watching sports. Probably 12 hours a week, at least, during football season. Around $2/hour for good entertainment - worth it. I could be spending so much more money doing other stuff if I wasn't doing what I really enjoy - watching sports.

Reactions: Scherrman
The poll should be need/want. None of us needs it, but, we all want it. The more/cheaper the better. Well, I can't even get locals with an antenna, so maybe I need it. Ergo....gotta pay to play.

The poll should be need/want. None of us needs it, but, we all want it. The more/cheaper the better. Well, I can't even get locals with an antenna, so maybe I need it. Ergo....gotta pay to play.
Not disagreeing with your post, by any means, but could get the Welcome Pack and only pay $19.99?

Reactions: fhsucade07
Heck open another poll its easy to do.

As to any that say ahh its only tv,don't get bent out of shape,no need to complain,I disagree,all the broadcasters,and providers need to hear some complaining,otherwise they will just keep going insane with increases.Sure by all means vote with your wallets as well,but don't sit idly by and let them ignore some of our displeasure.The less people complain,the more they figure its ok.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: osu1991
The fact still remains that pay TV is a luxury. If you can't afford a Lexus, you get a Toyota. Many many households choose far more important bills to pay, and ways to fill their time then TV. I think there is an entitlement feeling towards luxuries in today's day an age. How many old timers grew up with let's say 3-10 channels? How many didn't have TV for many years before that? Did everyone survive without it?

Reactions: KazooGuy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)