Have you ever noticed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Have you ever noticed that there is always double the guest on Dish verse Directv on this site.:confused:and the (DBST ) site the reverse .

Yup, just like Mac VS. PC, Ford VS. Chevy and many other rivalries.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

This a Dish site that also has a Directv forum. The other site is the opposite. It's all good anyway, lots of good posters on both.

joed32 said:
This a Dish site that also has a Directv forum. The other site is the opposite. It's all good anyway, lots of good posters on both.

I wouldn't classify it that way. This is a satellite forum that has more Dish Network subs than others maybe. Could be because they have more to gripe and complain about?

jwgreen68 said:
Could be because they have more to gripe and complain about?

Nah... The other site has loads of complaints for DirecTV. However there are people on there that god forbid you say a negative about DirecTV, or you want more HD channels. This passionate and vocal response is just like the Mac VS PC or android VS iPhone or ford VS chevy. I know it's just TV.... But it really seems like its the same kind of rivalry as my examples above.

I'm not saying anything bad about the people who post here or there... Just saying there is a noticeable difference in passion and attitudes between the sites, depending on which forum your in (Dish or Direct).

I visit both regularly, as well as cable tv type forums as well. I like to keep up with the technology and where the industry is headed. I think Scott does a great job on this site and I really enjoy his coverage from CES an Dish Team Summit.

cypherstream said:
Nah... The other site has loads of complaints for DirecTV. However there are people on there that god forbid you say a negative about DirecTV, or you want more HD channels. This passionate and vocal response is just like the Mac VS PC or android VS iPhone or ford VS chevy. I know it's just TV.... But it really seems like its the same kind of rivalry as my examples above.

I'm not saying anything bad about the people who post here or there... Just saying there is a noticeable difference in passion and attitudes between the sites, depending on which forum your in (Dish or Direct).

I visit both regularly, as well as cable tv type forums as well. I like to keep up with the technology and where the industry is headed. I think Scott does a great job on this site and I really enjoy his coverage from CES an Dish Team Summit.

I was referring to more Dish subs versus Directv subs here because they have more to complain about. We know there are more Directv subs than Dish subs.

My take on that site is different. I see what you're saying from some of those members, but I see many posts that will toss names at those of us that are satisfied with our service (DirecTV and don't watch AMC).... sarcastic names such as "fanboy" or DirecTV "shill".

It all depends on one's pov. I rarely post over there for that reason. Imo, this site is better moderated and overall includes more mature members as reflected by their posts.

I read the DirecTV threads there for information but not to post.

Having been an E* subscriber prior to D*, I have posted on both sites. I agree that many posters on E* are more passionate (sometimes fanatical) than on D*. E* has a lot of issues (including Charlie Ergin) and for the most part, they do have more to gripe about, which starts a lot of heated responses from the fanboys...

Well grb, at least you dish subscribers have a nicer selection of HD channels. I wanted to get Dish Network, but the view on my property for Eastern Arc is blocked with a lot of trees. The regular south west view is not blocked for DirecTV.

So I'm with DirecTV just because I can get a signal. If it wasn't for that, I'd have a 922 and I'd be much happier with the HD channel selection.

God forbid you bring that up at the other site. They point at you and berate you about "HD Lite". So what... I'd rather have 150 some HD-Lite channels, than 150 SD-Lite channels and 87 HD Channels.

Well grb, at least you dish subscribers have a nicer selection of HD channels. I wanted to get Dish Network, but the view on my property for Eastern Arc is blocked with a lot of trees. The regular south west view is not blocked for DirecTV.

So I'm with DirecTV just because I can get a signal. If it wasn't for that, I'd have a 922 and I'd be much happier with the HD channel selection.

God forbid you bring that up at the other site. They point at you and berate you about "HD Lite". So what... I'd rather have 150 some HD-Lite channels, than 150 SD-Lite channels and 87 HD Channels.

Just to clarify -- as I stated in my post, I was an E* subscriber PRIOR to becoming a D* subscriber...

grb said:
Just to clarify -- as I stated in my post, I was an E* subscriber PRIOR to becoming a D* subscriber...

Ah, I read that backwards. My bad! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)