Have you seen Docs HD? (1 Viewer)

Sean Mota

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
19,040
1,738
New York City
Between movies... Docs HD appears and it starts showing small documentary. I saw one tonight about Training Puppies... Anyone seeing others?
 

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
23,813
104
Newport News, VA
That sounds interesting! I just wish they would can that gay movie producer skit they have running on some of the channels. I am so sick of seeing him. I think Voom has a big problem with filler material for 21 channels. Your going to see so much of it repeated watching these channels. I think its SO repetitive that I would welcome some commercials mixed in.
 

Sean Mota

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
19,040
1,738
New York City
vurbano said:
That sounds interesting! I just wish they would can that gay movie producer skit they have running on some of the channels. I am so sick of seeing him. I think Voom has a big problem with filler material for 21 channels. Your going to see so much of it repeated watching these channels. I think its SO repetitive that I would welcome some commercials mixed in.

I thought the Gay skit remains in Divine HD channel 110. There was a time where it would show in other channels but I haven't seen it in other channels other than Divine HD for a very long while.
 

Sean Mota

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
19,040
1,738
New York City
Here's another documentary playing on Doc HD. These are short documentary HD video that are air during intermission. Right now one is playing about City Harvest.
 

Sean Mota

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
19,040
1,738
New York City
here's some pics of the Docs HD. It appeared on FilmFest. But it can appear anywhere (I think).
 

Attachments

  • MVC-238F.JPG
    MVC-238F.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 110
  • MVC-237F.JPG
    MVC-237F.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 104
  • MVC-236F.JPG
    MVC-236F.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 114

thxdan

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 19, 2004
35
0
Austin, TX
Sean Mota said:
Here's another documentary playing on Doc HD. These are short documentary HD video that are air during intermission.

Sean,

Thanks for the pics, I hadn't seen those yet.

I wonder if Docs HD is going to become its own Voom HD Original channel? Those graphics look like they were built to create an identity for a channel, not a segment. Makes ya wonder...

-Dan
 

Sean Mota

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
19,040
1,738
New York City
After the short documentary... There was a documentary scheduled "Titanica". They used the same channel graphics and the introductory card "Rate G and HD 1080i and presented in its OAR". I could not take a picture of that card, it was too fast. I think the Documentary HD channel was an idea but they found that there were not too many HD documentary done on film. Most were done in Video. So they gave up on the channel idea since there was not too many material available. But they haven't given up completely as they are airing their own HD short documentaries and some that have been captured on film.
 

who_the

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2004
342
0
San Francisco, Calif.
Sure does look like it could be a channel of its own.

And while I have the chance, I should say that I find Voom's visuals extremely well-designed. From the animation, to the artwork, to the typefaces, it's high-end work, well-suited with high impact.

Some if it not only looks great, but is subtle, design-for-designers stuff, like the ocean of Helvetica in UltraHD, or the gentle palettes and delicate animation of the EquatorHD spots. (Or the Bauhaus in the docs logo!)

Nice stuff, guys! Designers are watching... :)
 

SonicRob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 31, 2004
271
0
Wow

Nice Tv is right i have a Infocus 4805 with a 106 inch Screen it looks big especially while watching a good movie or a BasketBall game. :D
 

T2k

The Raw Nerve
Supporting Founder
Jun 5, 2004
1,856
0
Park Slope, NYC
SonicRob said:
Nice Tv is right i have a Infocus 4805 with a 106 inch Screen it looks big especially while watching a good movie or a BasketBall game. :D

Bah... let me know when you've got a real HD projector... ;)
 

mrhph

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 3, 2005
59
0
Sean Mota said:
After the short documentary... There was a documentary scheduled "Titanica". They used the same channel graphics and the introductory card "Rate G and HD 1080i and presented in its OAR". I could not take a picture of that card, it was too fast. I think the Documentary HD channel was an idea but they found that there were not too many HD documentary done on film. Most were done in Video. So they gave up on the channel idea since there was not too many material available. But they haven't given up completely as they are airing their own HD short documentaries and some that have been captured on film.
But FilmFest channel keeps on showing Midsummer Night's Dream instead. No Titanica.
 

TheTimm

Made In Detroit
Supporting Founder
Jun 18, 2004
1,679
0
Charlotte, NC
Sean Mota said:
After the short documentary... There was a documentary scheduled "Titanica". They used the same channel graphics and the introductory card "Rate G and HD 1080i and presented in its OAR". I could not take a picture of that card, it was too fast. I think the Documentary HD channel was an idea but they found that there were not too many HD documentary done on film. Most were done in Video. So they gave up on the channel idea since there was not too many material available. But they haven't given up completely as they are airing their own HD short documentaries and some that have been captured on film.
My guess is that you're probably right about this. I haven't seen it enough to be sure, but I've only seen the DocsHD stuff on FilmFest before they show a documentary. They probably developed all that stuff when they were still planning a Docs channel, and since they have it they go ahead and run it before they show a documentary.

Has anyody seen this shown before anything other than a documentary? Has anyone seen it on a channel other than FilmFest?
 

Sean Mota

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
19,040
1,738
New York City
mrhph said:
But FilmFest channel keeps on showing Midsummer Night's Dream instead. No Titanica.


it loooks like the time of the PG was messed up :rolleyes: But I did watch the Titanica Doc which was excellent PQ and OAR (1:33:1). It was great.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top