Have you seen Docs HD?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Between movies... Docs HD appears and it starts showing small documentary. I saw one tonight about Training Puppies... Anyone seeing others?

That sounds interesting! I just wish they would can that gay movie producer skit they have running on some of the channels. I am so sick of seeing him. I think Voom has a big problem with filler material for 21 channels. Your going to see so much of it repeated watching these channels. I think its SO repetitive that I would welcome some commercials mixed in.

vurbano said:
That sounds interesting! I just wish they would can that gay movie producer skit they have running on some of the channels. I am so sick of seeing him. I think Voom has a big problem with filler material for 21 channels. Your going to see so much of it repeated watching these channels. I think its SO repetitive that I would welcome some commercials mixed in.

I thought the Gay skit remains in Divine HD channel 110. There was a time where it would show in other channels but I haven't seen it in other channels other than Divine HD for a very long while.

Here's another documentary playing on Doc HD. These are short documentary HD video that are air during intermission. Right now one is playing about City Harvest.

here's some pics of the Docs HD. It appeared on FilmFest. But it can appear anywhere (I think).

Attachments

• MVC-238F.JPG
    MVC-238F.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 194
  • MVC-237F.JPG
    MVC-237F.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 184
  • MVC-236F.JPG
    MVC-236F.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 193
Sean Mota said:
Here's another documentary playing on Doc HD. These are short documentary HD video that are air during intermission.

Sean,

Thanks for the pics, I hadn't seen those yet.

I wonder if Docs HD is going to become its own Voom HD Original channel? Those graphics look like they were built to create an identity for a channel, not a segment. Makes ya wonder...

-Dan

After the short documentary... There was a documentary scheduled "Titanica". They used the same channel graphics and the introductory card "Rate G and HD 1080i and presented in its OAR". I could not take a picture of that card, it was too fast. I think the Documentary HD channel was an idea but they found that there were not too many HD documentary done on film. Most were done in Video. So they gave up on the channel idea since there was not too many material available. But they haven't given up completely as they are airing their own HD short documentaries and some that have been captured on film.

Sure does look like it could be a channel of its own.

And while I have the chance, I should say that I find Voom's visuals extremely well-designed. From the animation, to the artwork, to the typefaces, it's high-end work, well-suited with high impact.

Some if it not only looks great, but is subtle, design-for-designers stuff, like the ocean of Helvetica in UltraHD, or the gentle palettes and delicate animation of the EquatorHD spots. (Or the Bauhaus in the docs logo!)

Nice stuff, guys! Designers are watching... :)

Wow

Nice Tv is right i have a Infocus 4805 with a 106 inch Screen it looks big especially while watching a good movie or a BasketBall game. :D

SonicRob said:
Nice Tv is right i have a Infocus 4805 with a 106 inch Screen it looks big especially while watching a good movie or a BasketBall game. :D

Bah... let me know when you've got a real HD projector... ;)

Sean Mota said:
After the short documentary... There was a documentary scheduled "Titanica". They used the same channel graphics and the introductory card "Rate G and HD 1080i and presented in its OAR". I could not take a picture of that card, it was too fast. I think the Documentary HD channel was an idea but they found that there were not too many HD documentary done on film. Most were done in Video. So they gave up on the channel idea since there was not too many material available. But they haven't given up completely as they are airing their own HD short documentaries and some that have been captured on film.
But FilmFest channel keeps on showing Midsummer Night's Dream instead. No Titanica.

Sean Mota said:
My guess is that you're probably right about this. I haven't seen it enough to be sure, but I've only seen the DocsHD stuff on FilmFest before they show a documentary. They probably developed all that stuff when they were still planning a Docs channel, and since they have it they go ahead and run it before they show a documentary.

Has anyody seen this shown before anything other than a documentary? Has anyone seen it on a channel other than FilmFest?

mrhph said:
But FilmFest channel keeps on showing Midsummer Night's Dream instead. No Titanica.

it loooks like the time of the PG was messed up :rolleyes: But I did watch the Titanica Doc which was excellent PQ and OAR (1:33:1). It was great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)