Have you tried PlayOn with your 922?

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
For those who don't know PlayOn is a DLNA client that runs on a computer and sends its programing through your home network.(the receiver and the computer must be connected to the same network)

It works with the playstation, xbox 360 and wii.

I've been using it for a few days during the free trial, so far everything works and the only problem I've had is a choppy youtube video.

the main thing I've been using is Hulu(regular, plus is kinda a waste for my use) and everything has played out nicely. I have 9 days left before my trial ends, may buy the $80 membership.

I am considering the lifetime license for $80.

I tried it. It was too slow for my liking. Plus, every time I tried to watch the CBS channel it froze my DVR and I had to reset it. And, you need to have a pretty powerful computer to make it run smoothly.

you know whats funny? my setup involves the 922 being plugged directly into the router, the video works fine when my desktop is wireless and its choppy as hell WIRED in. I still can't understand why wireless is working better than wired right now but it works for me.

the installer left me a sling wall plug, I'm debating, use that or keep the 100' CAT6 cable from my router to the 922.

Forgot to mention, my pc is a Intel core 2 quad 2.5ghz, 8gb ddr3 ram, ATI radeon HD4650 graphics.

I've been using it for a long time. Watched several college football games on espn 3. Works great!

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)