Having a satellite dish 'is a human right,' says European court

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks for the info!We can only hope that some people here in North America will think that a big ugly dish is not going to harm you and its ok it display for all to see.

We can only hope that some people here in North America will think that a big ugly dish is not going to harm you and its ok it display for all to see.

Good luck. We can't even get people to think that about the American Flag.

Mount it... Paint it with some funkey colors... Then when the complaints roll in... Call it "art" and let the government defend the right of freedom of expression! I think the supreme court has already ruled on art! HOA can't over rule the supreme court! That's what I would do anyway..... :p Have a great day!

Food, water, shelter, sanitation, security .... those are human rights.
Satellite dishes, internet, and computers ... those are luxuries.

In the USA, we can have 1m dishes, but not as a 'human right' !
What hogwash! ;)

postcount: 9000

Oh, but you all forgot the "other" right.....our (American) Government thinks everyone had the right to watch OTA TV: as they bought converter boxes for digital TV for the masses......with our tax dollars. But, I had to buy my own since I live at a "commercial" address where I own my business. Guess I'm not "entitled", huh? Seems
most people believed they were! Guess I paid for a few (boxes) that weren't mine because of working hard to build my business.

Back in the 80's when we had a C-band dish and a subscription I remember reading in the TV guide (we used to get a huge, thick phone bookish TV guide in the mail) there was an article about people being harassed for having big dishes. One guy tried to disguise his as an umbrella. He put a patio table around the pole then draped some cloth over the dish so it would look like a normal patio set. People caught on though when they saw the umbrella moving around by itself and no one was sitting outside. :D

I have seen ads for fake rocks that you hide a pizza dish in.

I would never live in a place where people are so uptight about all that.. :(

Oh, but you all forgot the "other" right.....our (American) Government thinks everyone had the right to watch OTA TV: as they bought converter boxes for digital TV for the masses......with our tax dollars. But, I had to buy my own since I live at a "commercial" address where I own my business. Guess I'm not "entitled", huh? Seems
most people believed they were! Guess I paid for a few (boxes) that weren't mine because of working hard to build my business.

I am so glad that program is over!

The people who came to me with the coupon for a Digital Box, where generally the customers who already had satellite or cable and didn't really need them and where simply redeeming the coupon because the box was free.

The true customers who needed the converter boxes, didn't know how to request the coupon or how to redeem them and ended up just buying the converter boxes.

i personally think that if i am paying for the land, i should be able to put up as many and as big of dishes as i want.
how is it anyone else's right who haven't paid a penny towards it to tell me i can't?

i personally think that if i am paying for the land, i should be able to put up as many and as big of dishes as i want.
how is it anyone else's right who haven't paid a penny towards it to tell me i can't?

+100000

Why can't all Americans think this way? Too many of us are too young to remember the Soviet Union.

When we bought our house, I made sure to check the deed restrictions/covenants placed on the land. You agree to buy the land then you are agreeing to the deed restrictions which all your neighbors agreed to also. If you don't like the restrictions then why buy in the first place?
btw I have an 8' dish, 3 84e's and a 90 cm in the back yard. And I know no one can do a thing about it. Very simple solution for these problems, read what you sign.

I've found that the more dishes I put up, the kookier my neighbors think I am so they just keep a little more distance from me with each one that goes up. :up

:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)