Having issues with 101W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eddieblue

Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
south mississippi
hi im and old ku hand but i recently got a free bud ive never done cband i was interested in 101w i hit the sat ok i have a coolsat 6100 when i scan i picked up 3 ch eagle bradcast a relig ch and me 1and2 me is one i wanted the pic is fine but there is no sound there is sound on eagle broadcast also these are the only ch i can scan i know there are many more incliding this tv any ideas appreciated thanks

MeTV is what they call AC-3 audio or dolby digital. The Coolsat 6100 has a spot on the back of the receiver to hook up a cable to an audio receiver that can do dolby digital. Might say dolby out or spdif out
You could upgrade the receiver to something like the GeosatMicro HD which would play the sound just fine

thanks i found the spdif on the back i plugged my audio cable from audio into it but no sound i have a sanyo tv are you supposed to use a seoarate cable and can you plug it into the tv if so where or do you need a different reciever also do you know why i cant scan the other ch i also have a sv premier would it work better

ok you really need to break up your sentences and use punctuation. VERY hard to understand what you are saying but I see something about trying to hook it to your TV. That wont work. You need to hook up a cable to an audio receiver that can do dolby digital.

If you dont have a stereo system that can handle that there is a older product called Cyberhome headphones. They look like this
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006688ZC/?tag=satell01-20
(but they werent that expensive a few years ago)

folks have hooked a 1/8" cable to 2 rca plugs off of that to make it work (instead of the headphones)
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3452165

Your other receiver works the same way

thanks alot.i sometimes get me tv on a skip from nw orleans on my ant.i wonder why it plays sound when iget it like that.my tv is pretty new it has hdmi on it but no sbdif. also do you have any insight as to why more ch dont scan? i know this and some other ch are on.does your geosat pick up everything? i may have to get one i havent tried my sv premiere but i see its got a spdif on the back.do you think it will work any better? again thanks for the help

>> i sometimes get me tv on a skip from nw orleans on my ant.i wonder why it plays sound when iget it like that. << Because that's OTA ATSC, your television is ATSC capable. OTA and satellite signals are not the same. Related, yes, but not interchangable.
>>
any insight as to why more ch dont scan? << Many services are mpeg4 (H-264) and/or DVB-S2. Think the coolsat is only capable of mpeg2 and DVB-S.
>>
geosat pick up everything? << the GeosatPro microHD is capable of all except 4.2.2 video. (which is very uncommon)
>>
sv premiere but i see its got a spdif on the back.do you think it will work any better? << Don't know the specifications so can't say. DVB-S2?? H-264?? on-board AAC decoding??
--spdif outputs must be connected to an spdif input on an audio amplifier or other decoder. Connecting to an audio input will not work. --

thanks again i guess im going to try a geosat.a weird thing happened.i hooked up my sv premiere to se if i couls scan sme ore ch.i couldnt get any Q and it would not scan.i know im on the sat because soon as i hooked up the coolsat i could watch the ch. anyway i found a geosat for $125 does that sound like a good price.im a disabled vet and have to watch my money.also this is an old dish i have a chapperal lnb will that work with geosat? thanks

101W C-Band doesnt have a whole heckuva lot on it that the 6100 or Sonicview will get

ThisTV
MeTV
Golden Eagles Broadcasting
God's Learning channel

There are 2 other muxes out there
TCT
some networks (rumored)

Those require the GeosatPro Micro or another receiver that will do DVB-S2 (like a Openbox)

The Dish and LNB is fine

i have another ?? on the back of my coolsat there are 2 spdif connections one is the square one with the red light,the other is round like the other connections.if i hook it to another reciever whre do both connections go and what kind of cable do i need for the round conect its color is black

spdif connectors. One is OPTICAL (The one with the red light) the other is electrical. One or the other would be run to an audio receiver* with a matching spdif INPUT. *or a stand alone decoder. The optical requires a special optical spdif connection. the other requires coax for audio. (RCA cable)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)