Having issues with Genie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GenieH8R

Original poster
Apr 21, 2013
USA
The technology was not ready for release when it was made available to customers. The ability to fast forward or rewind shows that have been recorded is a joke, people might as well watch the commercials because it will take just as long to watch the show after you have to go back from the end(most of the time fast forwarding results in being taken all the way to the end of the show) to where you were in the show and if you attempt to rewind you are better off going to the list and starting the show over since it often gets caught in a loop of the first few seconds of the show.
The server box has needed to be reset at least once a week without fail. I wish I had just gotten 4 seperate dvr's as oppose to the new genie system which has been nothing but a nightmare.

:welcome to Satelliteguys GenieH8R!

Interesting first post to say the least. Have you contacted customer service about the need to reboot so often?

I dont really have any of those issues. Not to mention this kinda deserves its own thread unless its the only post well see from you.. if your that unhappy.. interesting.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

hmmmm 1st post then signs off immediatlly

I've had my HR34 (Genie) for over a year now and dont experience any of those issues.

ME either

Look at the guys forums name, this post is CRAP. This post should be deleted. Obviously out to undermine directv.

I forget the last time I reset my Genie. I have to say mine is pretty steady with the latest software release.

That's why I asked him if he had contacted Directv about it. This could easily be another hit and run poster.

Even though the OP may seem like a 'h8r', I've actually had similar issues to the ones described with Genie. Banging our heads wishing we were back with Dish because of the quality of the hardware. It only happens with the remote unit in our master bedroom. Sometimes, if you skip forward, it won't skip more than 1 second forward. If you press skip forward again, it will take you somewhere towards the end of the recording. It's really annoying. I had contacted DTV service and they hadn't heard of this happening yet but since it seems isolated to the one receiver, I bet it wouldn't be the easiest to recreate. Also, there have been a few times when you fast forward and it takes us to the end. Making the jump for me to DirecTV in the first place wasnt easy, being a former Echostar Engineer, but it happened.

Those problems have been documented and confirmed a software error i think, i know i read about those elsewwhere. Id call in and request a replacement if its just the one client.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

I have not seen any of the issues of the OP with my HR34, HR24, and 2 C31's. A few of the CE's have caused me a few issues, but other than that, been very happy. Better picture than from Dish days, and much more flexible with all of the programs the kids record. Is Charlie Ergan trolling the DTV forum now?

I've had my Genie for over two months and have not had any of the issues described.

I have had the same issue and posted about it in the past.
I have HR21s and a Genie. The Genie is terrible with fast forwarding commercials. With the HR21s, you can hit play when you see the show come back, and it backs up a few seconds, and works out great.
With the Genie, when you see the show come back, it does not back up at all, and you miss the first few seconds. Then you have to back up. Then you back up too much, then go forward, etc.

Also, I recently posted about the info bar not going away without hitting the exit button. A reset solved it. However, it just happened again yesterday and I had to do another reset.

Also, when I tried to use Genie to to watch a recorded show that was recorded on one of my HR21s, right after I hit play, it would just ask me if I wanted to delete the show. It never played. A reset solved that too.

I also have a Genie Client C31. It also has occasional issues. Doesn't find the server. Resets solve that too.

since the OP did a hit and run post (and logged off immediately) I'm closing it.
If the OP comes back and has more info PM me and I'll re-open the thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts