having problem using ir system with h20

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

davidwsjr

Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
i have my h20 receiver in my closet along with my DVD player and my surround receiver which i control with a harmony 880 remote control.i have a 50 inch Panasonic plasma TV and I'm using a plasma friendly Ir system to operate my equipment. everything works fine through the Ir system except the h20,it is very sporadic in its operation.it works better if i point the remote away from the remote sensor and deflect the signal off the glass to change channels. i have done some troubleshooting both with the Ir system and the programing of the remote,both seem to be operating fine,if i take the remote into the closet and point it directly at the h20 it works fine,so much so that if i put my hand over the Ir sensor the remote still changes the channel ???
as far as the Ir system the flashers are all working when a signal is present and i took the emitter from the DVD player which i know is working fine and put it on the h20 only to have the same problem. anyone got any ideas? thanks

Oh man when I had my h20 I would literally have to stand 2ft infront of it just to use the remote. It has by far the worst IR sensor. It must be the size of a needle's tip. That is why I love my HD dvr tivo, I can control that thing from the kitchen.

ryan what dvr are you using? the hr 10 250? if so do you receive local hd stations?

I have found that the newer D* receivers including the HR10-250 get overloaded with IR real easily. Try moving the flasher furthur away if your IR sender isnt adjustable output wise.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts