Having problem with TV2 on Dish 322 receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smd2008

Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
Hello

I have been having a problem with TV2 "blue screening" on the Dish 322 receiver. I can usually get it back by pushing and holding the power button to reset the receiver. I have checked all cables and they are good, box is connected to a phone line and remote control appears to be working since it changes channels and blue light goes on and off. I believe the tv to also be fine since hooking it up to an antenna works. The picture is always fine and then will all of a sudden go blue.

I called Dish support and they want to charge me for a service call.

Anybody else ever had this problem before?

Thanks

Good Morning

Turned on TV2 this morning and got the press SELECT dish screen. Pressed the select button and tv came up fine. About 30 seconds later, it "blue screened". Reset the 322 box and acquiring signal comes up on tv and then it starts working again. It may now work all day or go out again. TV1 has always worked fine.

I have been doing some searching and found that some of these receivers are set to use UHF channels to communicate with the second tv. Mine was setup to use cable channel 116. Does this make a difference?

Thanks

Good Morning

Turned on TV2 this morning and got the press SELECT dish screen. Pressed the select button and tv came up fine. About 30 seconds later, it "blue screened". Reset the 322 box and acquiring signal comes up on tv and then it starts working again. It may now work all day or go out again. TV1 has always worked fine.

I have been doing some searching and found that some of these receivers are set to use UHF channels to communicate with the second tv. Mine was setup to use cable channel 116. Does this make a difference?

Thanks
At first glance it looks like you have a case of lazy installer. Cable channel 116 is carried on nearly the same frequency as UHF channel 60 (the default setting on most dual tuners). Some installers will leave the receiver set at UHF 60 and run an auto scan on the TV, and if it finds 116 and gets a picture they leave it. Problem is that the frequencies are only ALMOST the same, so some TVs will drop the channel occasionally (causing your TV to display a blue screen. What you need to do is Menu 6-1-5, if the TV2 output is set to AIR 60, this is probably the problem. Change it to Cable 116 and you should be good to go. If it is already set to Cable 116, perhaps you should try a different channel at each end (ensuring that you do not pick a channel in the same frequency range as a local broadcaster).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)