Having problem with Web site....

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGuyver

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Nuclear Testing Grounds
This problem began about one month ago, as close as I can remember...I did do some recent Microsoft Updates about that time that may be causing the problem.

I seem to have a problem navigating pages on this web site only, almost every page locks up/freezes and I have to close and reopen it, then it's fine until I navigate again. I have no problem with any other Web site. I'm using IE6.0 web browser. I have two PC's and have the same issue with both.

Is there a known issue here and is anybody else having a problem?

I am having the same problem on two different computers, one running IE6 and the other IE7. Cleared cache/cookies multiple times and have all the latest microsoft updates from the windows update sites.

One question though, I see up top there is new look/pda mode and if I click new look it will change to classic. Which mode is which. Is it in classic mode if it says classic mode or new look.

Both of you are not pub members, so I am guessing that the issue is with one of the syndicated ads that is running.

If this happens again please report the ad running on the right column of the site. (As thats the only change which was made over a month ago)

Both of you are not pub members, so I am guessing that the issue is with one of the syndicated ads that is running.

If this happens again please report the ad running on the right column of the site. (As thats the only change which was made over a month ago)

What kind of beverages are on tap at the PUB maybe it's time to become a member :D

I was visiting my in-laws for Thanksgiving and tried visiting Satelliteguys.us without logging in, it was very slow and pages took forever to load. I had not noticed this since I've been a member for so long and always login. Just register and all your problems should be gone. :)

I have started experiencing isues with your page blinking or fluttering after I log in. It gets worse when I write posts, as I write this the page blinks some other image. Blinks too fast to see what is displayed. Few milliseconds or so of some other image, happens every second. Problem just started a few days ago. This website only. Worse when I log in.

I have started experiencing isues with your page blinking or fluttering after I log in. It gets worse when I write posts, as I write this the page blinks some other image. Blinks too fast to see what is displayed. Few milliseconds or so of some other image, happens every second. Problem just started a few days ago. This website only. Worse when I log in.

Problem solved. My system didn't like the banner running that is located below the log in box. Had to reconfig some memory, now good.

This problem began about one month ago, as close as I can remember...I did do some recent Microsoft Updates about that time that may be causing the problem.

I seem to have a problem navigating pages on this web site only, almost every page locks up/freezes and I have to close and reopen it, then it's fine until I navigate again. I have no problem with any other Web site. I'm using IE6.0 web browser. I have two PC's and have the same issue with both.

Is there a known issue here and is anybody else having a problem?

Check your virtual memory settings. This site eats up memory. I have an older system and noticed that increasing virtual mem to over 2gig seemed to help.

Check your virtual memory settings. This site eats up memory. I have an older system and noticed that increasing virtual mem to over 2gig seemed to help.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check things over and see what I find, the funny thing is, I'm writing this post from my other PC which seems to be working good now, I'm not having any issues with this one now, in fact it's a cheaper system yet all new components, everything new, 1 Gig memory too.

My other system that has been freezing up is newer, it has an Intel mobo, 1 Gig mem, dual core Intel processor and all high end components yet it has a problem. I would never guess that it would act so strange as it does. :confused: I have some homework to do I suppose.

At least I have one PC that gets around this web site. :D

Problem comes and goes....

this is getting very frustrating, sometimes I can navigate and post without a problem, last night was a breeze, this morning was ******** to say the least.

I kept trying but everytime I click on a thread the page freezes and IExplorer closes with an error message. I just came back 30 minutes later and is now working fine......I'm baffled! :confused:

and my virtual memory is not an issue with over 2 gigs

Problems are back again

I was not able to navigate this website at all for hours today, I somehow am able to at this moment and am using this opportunity to report again.

It seems that a pop-over ad is causing the page to freeze up, the ad is invisible but my mouse curser can see it, I click on it and sometimes a sponsors website opens and sometimes it just freezes again.

I'd love to pay a donation to get ad free but times are hard right now, can't even afford gas for my truck:(

Could you please check this issue with the ads, it's wreaking havoc with us "not so fortunate" people and visitors I'm sure.

Thanks for your great website (when it's working.) :D

Scott,

Tried to take screenshots but when the webpage locksup, it really locks to so I can't even navigate back to the top to get a shot of what ad was trying to display. I wonder if it's an add that is trying to do a pop-up or add a tracking cookie. Took me four try's just to get here to post this message.

We dont have any popover ads here. (or popunder) if you are getting them you have some kind of Adware on your PC. I wish I could be of more help on this but its something on your side.

Scott,

Tried to take screenshots but when the webpage locksup, it really locks to so I can't even navigate back to the top to get a shot of what ad was trying to display. I wonder if it's an add that is trying to do a pop-up or add a tracking cookie. Took me four try's just to get here to post this message.

You should run Ad-Aware or Spybot - Search & Destroy on your computer.

I don't buy it!

You should run Ad-Aware or Spybot - Search & Destroy on your computer.

I run SpyBot all the time and have scanned with Ad-Ware and Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool.

What is odd, I am navigating without a problem right now for some reason, both of my PC's are navigating this site, once in a great while it works and then freezes 95% of the time.

The strange thing is, the web pages that come up are this sites sponsor's websites, one was GOsatellite and Satellite AV was another, other times it stayed frozen and had to leave this site to clear it, so if it's a spyware issue, it's from this website.

When the webpage freezes and I close the window, I get a error message that says Internet Explorer has encountered an error and must close. It does not happen with any other website, I have surfed extensively and never encountered this problem anywhere else, so why is it just here?

Both of my computers do the same thing, and they both started doing this the same time so how can it be that both PC's do the same thing at the same time? I just don't understand it and with my computer experience, A+ Certification with a specialty in Microsoft Windows and Network Administration Certification I have done my best on my end.

How about Satellite Guys investigating this instead of giving excuses? I'm not the only one that's posted about this problem. At this rate, I'm about to just not visit here anymore, sad to say!

And as far as becoming a paid member, well, that's out the window too!

When I clicked the "Submit Reply" button, it freezes, it sends the reply but I have to close the window and log on again to see it actually posted, this is continually happening, I mentioned in my previous post that it was working okay at that moment but I hadn't yet finished my post, so I was wrong.

I just discovered that if I click on a thread within the same first window I open on this web site it freezes up, but if I right click on the thread and select "open in new window" it won't freeze, go figure.

I don't have to do this on other web sites....don't know why it's only on this web site?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)