Having problems with setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

melro

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
I ordered a new lnb from ATS Electronics. The guy said all I have to do is swap them out. Is that all I have to do?

Guess it depends on what your replacing, and what with....sometimes it is just about that easy, if they're similar models. Skew may have to be adjusted for the new one.

New lnb didn't fix problem. Problem is message reads cannot find channel, continuing to search. Help.

Melro, you really should start a new thread (little button-New TOPIC) ...but we have good mods here so maybe it'll get sorted out for you.
We need some more info on the setup>what kind of dish, lnbf , motor or not, and receiver. What you're trying to aim at would be helpful too. Somebody here should be able to help out.

I'm not seeing anything that says new thread on this page. Should I go to forum? And thanks for trying to help. I have a GI 4DTV. My dish has KTI on it. I changed the lnb, which I purchased from ATS. It was the right one. However, no change.

I got all the channels I subscribed to just last week. I realized TV land moved and was trying to get it on W5 when I realized I never used that satellite yet. I did the add satellite, which 4D does automatically. I realized my subscription only got one channel on W5 and that was HGTV not TV land. I got HGTV tuned in and called NPS to get more programming. I ordered it. The girl said OK. But I didn't get the new programs. I never got any more on W5 or anywhere else again. She had me going to the normal channels to tune to to get the hit. I was getting a green signal on my receiver but no picture on any channel. She didn't know what was wrong and I haven't been able to get anything since. The dish moves and goes through the same arc of satellites from W7 all the way to W6 just fine but no channels. ATS figured it was lnb since I get a strong signal. But on the systems page there is absolutely nothing on the trip counter. ??? I keep trying to tune in channels and/or satellites. It isn't like I've never done this before. We've had a big dish for over 20 years. I can't tune anything in.

melro>I don't have 4DTV experience so I will have to defer to somebody else who does. Hopefully you'll get the answer you need. Problems with 4DTV I've only read about, like having the channel count max out (checked that out?), or maybe your new channels never mapped in properly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts