Having Trouble Logging In Staying Logged In?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
With the system upgrades some members have had trouble logging in and staying logged in on their computers. This is due to stuck / broken cookies which were served to your web browser by the old web server.

I actually had the issue on one of my computers, and here is what fixed it for me.

Clear all cookies from your browser related to SatelliteGuys: www.satelliteguys.us & satelliteguys.us

Clear your browser cache/temp internet folder.

Close all instances of the browser, you can use your "task manager" in windows to verify that the browser is fully closed/stopped.

Restart your browser

Verify that your accepting the cookies SatelliteGuys is sending out to you, you might be prompted to accept the cookies.

Verify that you check/tic the "Remember Me" box next to the login button before you login. Not checking/ticing that box, means everytime you close your browser, you will be logged out.

I am VERY sorry that some of you have had to go through this, but the good news is the updates we did will keep SatelliteGuys zooming into the future so this should not happen again for a long long time.

Thank you for your patience and support as we did these upgrades and changes, when we started we had no idea it would take 5 days to fully get things completed.

My thanks to AnthonyG and LER for their hard work and help in this move.

Scott, FYI I'm having trouble getting in this afternoon. I logged in several times but it later showed I wasn't logged in. After my fourth or fifth try it took it. I cleared all passwords, cookies etc..in my computer. Just thought I'd pass the info along..thanks Blind:)

The login issue should be resolved now, i do apologize, but it appears that a needed module that was needed to address ip's thru the proxy was removed, its no re-installed.

I can not view the site on my iPhone. When I try it shows: "Parse Error: The remote server sent an unparsable result. This could be a result of the forum software plugin being outdated. Tap the "Report" button below to sent this report to support for analysis. I logged out and back in and also deleted the app and reinstalled, but it still showed the error."

For Mac Safari people, you just need to go to its preferences and security panel, find "satellite" or so and remove all cookies selected.

I haven't timed out yet, so we'll see if this works without a reboot.

-Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)