Having trouble with 129 satelite

fatmikla22

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2008
I am having trouble getting any channel that requires the 129 satelite and it's very, very annoying. I ran the system setup and the other two satelites (I can't remember the numbers, give me the green but the 129 either gives me a yellow box or a red box with an x. Is there anything I can do myself or do I need someone to come out. I am having someone come out this week to install a DVR so it'd be no trouble. Thanks for any help provided.

Well it could be a couple of things. One thing to check is there a clean shot at 129 bird (no trees etc in way?) If thats not the case try adjusting the skew of the dish.

A lot of people have problems with the 129 bird. Most of the issues are due to the bird drifting or LOS issues. Are you using a wing dish to get 129 or are you using a dish 1000 setup? Since the 129 bird is dying a lot of us have decided to have a wing dish pointed to 61.5 to pick up the HD content. I myself lose my local HD content but I use an OTA to recieve those anyway. Most (not all) of the HD content is mirrored on 61.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)