Having trouble with AMC 5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cristianjanz

Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
V2T4N4
Hi folks!
i'm having trouble to get AMC 5 with my coolsat 6000 and a 33' dish. Can it be that the bird is having trouble??? The quality in the receiver shows me the same as when it was working good. between 60 and 70, but no image, well sometimes there appears something but just for a second. (before with 63% i had good image with some little interferences that didn't bother me)
I was switching my dish by Hand from AMC5 to AMC6 and Horizons 2. Can that have affected the Dish??
Another question. Before when it was working i had trouble to see one Channel from AMC5 at nights. During the Day i had good image and at night it was imossible to see and hear something, but just from one channel. Maybe the same problem as the one i have now?? Can Day/Night or Heat/Cold affect the Signal??

Anyways, any help is appreciated!!

Possibilities: If you move your dish by hand, maybe you missed the mark a little bit when moving back to AMC5??? And, if you have problems with daytime/nightime differences it sounds like you have a weak lnbf, or one that is going bad. Reception may be a bit better at night when the atmosphere is cooler, but shouldn't be a huge difference if your equipment is fairly good, and lnbf is stable.
What channel????

its the spanish channel KTEL TV Telemundo. Yea i thought that to that i missed the mark. but i'm trying now 2 days already and nothing.
I'll try again on the weekend and see what happens. maybe i just don't have enough patience. :eek:
And what do you think from the Digiwave DG780 LNBF?? Is it a good one or should i get something better??
The receiver i think is working good. The other channels from AMC6 and horizon2 are working perfectly. 93% quality, sometimes better.
I also will try another cable on the weekend.

Cristian
it could be several things but like Turbosat mentioned it could be a failing lnbf

also are there any connections / spliters / diesqc switches involved. if so try to remove them and see if signal stablizes.

you could start out by doing above see if any signal gain if not you can either replace coax connectors or just swap out coax and see if that improves signal

seems strange that its only one channel there are a couple other channels on AMC 5 and they are also the same polarity as KTEL .... these other channels on AMC5 are a bit stronger could be the reason why you only lose KTEL . On my coolsat 5000 & 6000 63% Quality is the threshold area. (where you lose & gain channels)

i would also try to repeak the dish ( adjust the lnb for skew also try sliding the lnbf toward the dish & away) and last elevation and direction.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)