Having Trouble With My TV2 Remote

moonoverparma

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
USA
My TV2 remote turns my TV on and off but I'm not able to change channels through the satellite menu. I contacted tech support last night and they tried to have me change the remote address of Remote 2. However, when I tried to change the remote address using Remote 2 it would keep changing the remote address of TV1 instead. Our TV1 is setup as IR and our TV2 is UHF. They also had me try switching the band from A to B but that didn't change the outcome. I'd appreciate any help I can get because the only option left I can think of is buying another remote. I'm hoping somebody else here has experienced this same problem and can help me out.

Forgot to add. The remote I'm using is the 6.3 IR/UHF PRO 148786.

!. Turn on the TV near your receiver.
2.Turn on your receiver & open the door on the right side. Press the INFO button.
3.With your TV2 remote, press the SAT mode button until all mode buttons light up then release SAT button.
4.Enter any # between 1&16 other than the address # that TV1 has.
5.Press the # button. If you entered the # correctly the SAT button should flash 3 times.
6.Press the RECORD button.
7.Now press the SELECT button.

The address for TV2 alone should now be changed. Take your time and don't miss any steps. Hope this helps!:)

Ed

These sound like the instructions that tech support gave me that ended up just changing TV1's address. I'll give it a try and let you know if it works though. If it doesn't is there anything else I can try?

These sound like the instructions that tech support gave me that ended up just changing TV1's address. I'll give it a try and let you know if it works though. If it doesn't is there anything else I can try?

The only other thing I can think of--

Does the remote have the "chip" at the bottom displaying "2" in blue at the bottom? If by chance it's black and says UHF, remove the battery cover, then grab the top of the plactic "chip" with a finger nail, slide it out and turn it over to the "2" side. Then go through the address change procedure again. Good luck!

Ed

The side of the chip showing is blue with the number 2 in black font along with a UHF PRO symbol. Is it worth trying with the black side showing? The receiver is a VIP 722 DVR. I'm pretty sure it's in dual mode. The receiver is upstairs underneath TV1. TV2 is downstairs without an additional receiver.

It is in dual mode. I tried those instructions with both sides of the chip showing and neither worked. Looks like I just need to buy another TV2 remote. Thanks for trying to help guys.

When you try to change the address are you upstairs or down stairs? If downstairs and it is changing TV1 address the UHF remote is working. Did DISH Tech have you unplug the receiver from the AC power?

I'm upstairs at TV1 when trying to change the address. The DISH Tech didn't mention unplugging the receiver. Should I unplug it let it sit and then try at TV1 again?

Well I unplugged it, let it sit for 20 minutes, and now it won't power back up to the Satellite menu. Do you have to hit a button on the display or wait a certain amount of time for it to boot up? All I did was unplug the thing.

Well I unplugged it, let it sit for 20 minutes, and now it won't power back up to the Satellite menu. Do you have to hit a button on the display or wait a certain amount of time for it to boot up? All I did was unplug the thing.
Have you checked the receiver this morning? Do the power lights come on or is the unit dead? If power lights are coming on unplug it for a 10 count then plug it back in and try again.

If it isn't powering up at all add protection plan if you don't have it then schedule a service call.

did the rec have a remote extension on it? Is there a splitter with a antina on the back of tv2? I don't think you can change remote address with a extension on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts