Having trouble with new TV and using Dish.

Arclight84

Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
California
I just recently got a new (to me) TV for my home. The TV is a Samsung HL-S4266W DLP TV. Anyway I set up the TV, plugged it in and screwed the cable into the back of the TV and when I turned it on to watch DISH I'm not getting anything. My DISH reciever is a DISHDVR625 and this TV is being installed as TV2 as it is not in the same room as the receiver.

Now so far I've checked what channel the modulator is set to (22), checked that channel on the tv (with only snow on the screen), switched the modulator from air to cable and done the same on my TV with the channel on 63 and nothing is working.

I'm hoping someone here can point out the mistake I'm making. Appreciate the help!

Normally the switch from air to cable on the Modulator Setup puts the channel on 73. Try 73 to see if you get a picture. Please let me know. Thanks.

I just recently got a new (to me) TV for my home. The TV is a Samsung HL-S4266W DLP TV. Anyway I set up the TV, plugged it in and screwed the cable into the back of the TV and when I turned it on to watch DISH I'm not getting anything. My DISH reciever is a DISHDVR625 and this TV is being installed as TV2 as it is not in the same room as the receiver.

Now so far I've checked what channel the modulator is set to (22), checked that channel on the tv (with only snow on the screen), switched the modulator from air to cable and done the same on my TV with the channel on 63 and nothing is working.

I'm hoping someone here can point out the mistake I'm making. Appreciate the help!

Thanks for pointing out the mistake I was making, it is working now though oddly the modulator is set to Air mode on channel 22 and my TV is set to cable on channel 73. Still it's working and that is what matters. I appreciate the help Ray!

The conversion from OFF Air to cable for 22 is 73 or 74. You should be able to change your Modulator Setup for TV 2 to cable and it will automatically change to 73, which is the channel your TV is already set to but only if you want to. Thanks.

Thanks for pointing out the mistake I was making, it is working now though oddly the modulator is set to Air mode on channel 22 and my TV is set to cable on channel 73. Still it's working and that is what matters. I appreciate the help Ray!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts