Hawaii HD Premiums - room for missing 16

djmaui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Maui
Hawaii is missing 16 of the HD Premiums that are available in other areas:

SK&FM, STZC, STZE, SCINE, SHOTO, SHOCS, SHOWB, TMC-X, SUNDAE, HBOCY, HBOZ, HBOFM, HBOSG, HBO2, 5-MAX, ACMAX

They could all fit on the two remaining open tp's that are pointed our direction: tp 23 @ 110 e*10 spot 47 and tp 3 @ 119 e*14 spot A27 (eight per tp).

There are other slots open here and there on other tp's and several duplicated channels such as GREEN and ENCORE on both 119 conus and 119 spot 47.

We now have most of the HD Nationals. We only seem to be missing AMC, FOXW and the platinum channels.

Thanks for what we have, but more please. :)

Sent the info to ceo@echostar.com and also asked via chat to have it forwarded to engineering.

I think parts of Alaska are in a similar situation (some areas can pull in 129 conus transponders w/ a six foot dish or so). In Hawaii we can't even pull in 129 conus with a mondo dish. Ironic that the nearest bird can't feed a conus signal to us and that's where nearly all the HD is.

My 722 crashed and we lost a bunch of kid's movies. Mayhem ensued when I used dish pass to watch for and re-record them to the replacement receiver. Example: Wall-E is on SK&FM (129 conus). As it is not available in reality but the receiver thinks it is, the attempted recording locks the receiver into searching in vain for 129 conus transponders.

One solution would be to mark those channels as unavailable in Hawaii, but a better fix would be to just uplink them to open spotbeam tp's.

Received this response from the executive communications team:

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on channel additions for our customers in Hawaii. I have entered these channels into our programming request system, which is used for planning purposes. While, the programming department does not reply on the requests, they do utilize the feedback.
Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

I sent them this typo fix:

I made a typo in my e-mail. Here's the TP locations as they soul have read:

"Empty" Transponders

TP 23 @ 110 echostar 10 spot 47

TP 3 @ 119 echostar14 spot A27

Example Duplicate Channels

GREEN and ENCORE located on both 110 conus and 110 spot 47.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts