HBO 24/7 Rangers Flyers

SandraC

On Vacation
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Anybody watching this? HBO has been following the Rangers and Flyers around for weeks because they're playing in the Winter Classic on Monday at Citizen's Bank Park. Last night was the third of four installments, and the behind the scenes stuff is priceless!

1. In case anyone was wondering, the formula seems to be 'play in the NHL...get hot girl'. The Rangers' and Flyers' wives that they've shown are all very pretty. The girlfriends, however, are absolutely swimsuit super model stunning!

2. Some of the back and forth on the ice between players is classic.

Tom Sestito, Flyers, recent call up, screaming from the Flyers bench to the Rangers bench: 'I'm going to f up all of your faces'

Brad Richards, Rangers veteran forward, from the Rangers bench: 'Really? Barely in the league and now you're taking over? This is like Fantasy Camp for you'

3. After getting to know the Flyers off the ice it's getting difficult to hate them so much anymore. As bad as they are on the ice, they seem like really nice guys off it.

4. Ilya Bryzgalov, Flyers goalie, is hysterical. From his musings on our tiny place in the universe, his ramblings about how you can be put to death for killing a Siberian Tiger (not sure if he meant by the government or by another tiger), and him following Jaromir Jagr from table to table during lunch becasue Jagr didn't want to sit with him...they guy is a piece of work.

This week they showed his family at home during Christmas, two cute kids, boy and a girl both looked 4 or 5, which means they were probably born here. The boy says to the girl 'I'm more Englisher and you're more Russianer'.

5. My goodness, so much cursing!!! The f-bomb is obviously the word of choice for coaches, players, and even refs. Oh my goodness, they all make Rex Ryan look like a choir boy.

6. Great stuff...Marian Gaborik walking through the streets of Manhattan, buying a Christmas tree in his Tribeca neighborhood and carrying it back to his apartment on his shoulders!

7. LOL Rangers players at a ugly sweater Christmas party. Too funny.

8. Last Friday night, in the Flyers' locker room at the Garden preparing for the Flyers-Rangers game that night.

Jaromir Jagr to Dan Giroux, who had a four point game in the previous game: 'We're going to need four points from you tonight too.

Giroux: 'Tough to get four points in this building'

Jagr, with a huge smile: 'I've done it'.

Jagr played for the Rangers for three years

9. On the ice...

Jody Shelley, Flyers enforcer, to Mike Rupp, Rangers enforcer (both veterans): 'That's f'd-up, Rupper, going after a 22 year old'

Rupp: 'He's being an ass****

10. Coaches Tortorella and Laviolette are a couple of intense human beings. Oh my goodness.

Sandra

Last edited:
I wish they did more of this. It's great to get to hear the on ice stuff between players and with the refs.

While I like this years, I liked last years better obviously since it featured the Penguins.

I gave my mom the dvd of last years with Pens Caps and warned her there were lots of f-bombs.:D

I finally got a chance to watch the series last night. As already noted, it is incredible and
I think the NHL should look further into continuing programs such as these to gain popularity.

Im not a big hockey guy but I think I will check it out. When Sandra mentioned that the Rangers and Flyers had hot wives/girlfriends, you sold me!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)