HBO 50% Off For 6 Months

Why would they offer two almost identical promotions, one for $9.50 for 6 mos, and one for $10 for 6 mos?
One is half off. The other is just an arbitrary discounted rate. I got the half off deal, which will save me $3.00 over the next six months. HA! ;)

Why would they offer two almost identical promotions, one for $9.50 for 6 mos, and one for $10 for 6 mos?
Well, think about it. Dish continued to offer the HBO/Cinemax bundle deal for $20/mo for six months, when it would have been cheaper to add the separate 50% off for six month promotions. ($9.50 HBO + $7.00 Cinemax = $16.50) If Dish has a chance to get subscribers to pay more for the exact same channels, they will take it.

What is Dish's take on a $19 HBO subscription? Let's say it's $5. Maybe it's worth it to them to forgo the $5 "profit" per month, and give (in effect) $4/mo credit to keep a subscriber from defecting to HBO Now and cutting the cord.

I've got the offer, and as others have stated, it's NOT listed in the offers page on MyDish, as previous promotional offers have been (and my Blockbuster offer is).

The oddness to me is that HBO at $10 a month still isn't "cheap". But with the bill near $90 a month, I felt like I had to get HBO just to make the other overhead worth it. I wonder if Dish recognized this.

my email and the customer service both said this is their new everyday price. I ask her two times to confirm it. she said if I didn't drop it then it would be the everyday price. not just for 6 months.

my email and the customer service both said this is their new everyday price. I ask her two times to confirm it. she said if I didn't drop it then it would be the everyday price. not just for 6 months. also got starz and showtime for for 7 bucks for 6 months.

I just chatted tonight with dish and got the $10 deal for HBO. She did say it's forever. We will see I guess lol

If it's their new everyday price why is it not shown as such on the online portal? Not saying it's false, just this is all pretty weird.

With that said we all know that the price will likely at least come down to $15 to not lose customers to HBO NOW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just chatted tonight with dish and got the $10 deal for HBO. She did say it's forever. We will see I guess lol
It's forever ,till it is not. Remember that fine print on DISH's website: we reserve the right to change prices and promotions at any time....... So it is forever for now.

Received the promotion yesterday for 10 for life, it is call HBO special price on my bill. I also inquired about 1/2 of for multi sports, they still have that promotion for 6 months. 6.50 a month for Red zone will work.

Reactions: fhsucade07
I'm surprised they still charging for channels like HBO, Cinemax etc.. It's 21st century.. Worthless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's why HBO is nominated for the majority of Emmy's year and year out. They've got some very fine TV!