HBO & Cinemax recordings on Dish expired?

krauser1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I just noticed today that any recordings from HBO or Cinemax will no longer replay. Any other premium channel movies still play such as Encore, Starz, etc. When I select a movie, I get a black screen.

Now, I currently have HBO/Cinemax free for three months. I've recorded a few movies since and they still play.

I'm wondering if I missed something. Did HBO remove the ability to watch movies if you quit subscribing to the channels?

I have HBO and Cinemax under my 3 month free right now. checked my recordings and they all work just fine.

Did you actually record those earlier ones or get them via the VOD? If VOD they have an expiration time.

I have HBO and Cinemax under my 3 month free right now. checked my recordings and they all work just fine.

Did you actually record those earlier ones or get them via the VOD? If VOD they have an expiration time.

I recorded them. Weird thing is, new content I've recorded under my three months works fine. Just curious to see if maybe they are somehow locking the movies when the subscription expires.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)