HBO/Cinemax Takedown

I disagree. He is a representative of ATT trying to win customers from this forum. I think that's inappropriate and contrary to the mission of this site.

I was a long time C Band user getting Denver 5 when Echostar swooped in and bought that space in 2005 I think.

I have been a DISH customer since then with no regrets. Sure, DISH has it's problems but who doesn't.

I am an old school loyalist and make no apologies for that or my position on Claude.

The end

Reactions: pattykay
Well, it's Monday evening, and HBO still hasn't made the latest episode of Real Time with Bill Maher available on their Amazon channel. From reading reviews, apparently it is a crap shoot for when episodes of shows get added. Not exactly a good experience for the people who are signing up for trials.
When I had HBO Now the episode of Bill Maher would become available by 4am on Saturday morning. I used to work grave yards and would watch it at that time on my I pad. Is this the way it’s going to work on Amazon I might have to drop it and go back to HBO now again

When I had HBO Now the episode of Bill Maher would become available by 4am on Saturday morning. I used to work grave yards and would watch it at that time on my I pad. Is this the way it’s going to work on Amazon I might have to drop it and go back to HBO now again

Even when I had HBO Now, it would sometimes be days before Real Time was available. Not often, but occasionally. Same thing with Amazon.

Att used to sell dish network instead of directv...there were constant rumours att was going to buy dish but alas

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Really? I had no idea. I know Verizon and then Frontier sold Dish where I live, but I never saw AT&T selling it. Interesting.

I have HBO Now right now and I watched Real Time on Saturday morning...

Good for you then. :)

When I complained to HBO Now about it, I got crickets. When I complained to Amazon on a separate incident, this was the answer I received.

Screenshot from 2018-11-13 13-03-32.jpg

AT&T marketed Dish long ago (before 2009), and then switched over to DirecTV in 2009. No reason other than market share and economy.

AT&T Partners Up With DirecTV

And the lies just keep on coming.
There were constant rumours att wanted to buy dish...and they always were just rumours

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Yes, they were just rumors, so where does this "Dish screwed AT&T" come from? That's less than a rumor.

Really? I had no idea. I know Verizon and then Frontier sold Dish where I live, but I never saw AT&T selling it. Interesting.
Yes, It was quite a while ago, but AT&T and Dish were partners. If you got Dish through AT&T, you could get a "bundle" deal and get a few dollars off your Dish bill. I actually had that bundle deal for a while, until I realized that you were no longer eligible for Dish promotions if you purchased through AT&T. In the long run, you were better off not taking the bundle deal because the Dish promotions ended up saving you more money.

Well, it's Monday evening, and HBO still hasn't made the latest episode of Real Time with Bill Maher available on their Amazon channel. From reading reviews, apparently it is a crap shoot for when episodes of shows get added. Not exactly a good experience for the people who are signing up for trials.
Amazon does get some of the catalog items a bit more slowly, but you can log in using HBO NOW (not Go) apps/website and referencing Amazon as your billing service.

With the Amazon channel, in addition to getting some content with a delay, some of the movies are only available via the HBO NOW/GO apps themselves due to (claimed) licensing restrictions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)