HBO/Cinemax Takedown

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Reactions: charlesrshell
I remember seeing it. It was $14.95 for 2 meg.

There are plans for students and low income. Can’t say how many times I have seen the single mother with 3 kids paying $100/mo come into my office to pay their bill, while some foreign person will pull up in a BMW wearing expensive jewelry will pay the $9.99

There are plans for students and low income. Can’t say how many times I have seen the single mother with 3 kids paying $100/mo come into my office to pay their bill, while some foreign person will pull up in a BMW wearing expensive jewelry will pay the $9.99

The $14.99 plan was offered to my parents and they aren't low income.

It's every individual's responsbility to be an informed consumer.

Seems to me that the guy in the BMW is simply better informed and made a wise choice. You act like there is some big injustice going on here. There's no evil boogyman forcing the "single mother" to pay $100 for internet.

If I remember correctly, weren't you bragging earlier in this thread about how you get all your internet and TV for free? Maybe you'd better think twice before judging others.

Reactions: pattykay
Definitely not deals expiring in this case. I don't have specifics on the neighbor's bill, but my parents' bill went up $10 each for Internet and Phone, so $65 -> $75 for Internet and $25 -> $35 for phone (numbers rounded). The neighbor has been a TWC/Spectrum customer for over a decade, and is a TV customer in addition to phone and internet, so I expect that is where the majority of her increase is coming from. She may also be on a legacy TWC plan. Apparently the whole town is in an uproar over it, but there isn't much they can do besides switch to 6Mb ADSL2 from Frontier. edit: Frontier has had multiple weeks-long outages in the past few years, so there really is no other choice.

The cherry on top is the Internet speeds are still 30/5 where they live, despite all the advertising they see about hundreds of megabits. It doesn't really matter to them as they won't use the extra throughput, but it is kind of annoying to me.

The numbers don’t add up. After the latest price increases, the most you can pay for standard internet is $71, and that’s with Charter provided wifi. $66 if you don’t opt for that. Phone service is $30 a la carte and the only way to pay $35 is with the International add on. As of 9/18/18, Phone Service with Internet or TV is $10 or $15 with international.

https://www.spectrum.com/content/da...ntial-services-price-guide-041017-charter.pdf

Standard internet w/wifi and phone should be $81 a month or $76 w/o wifi.

I’m not sure what it was before the price increase since I don’t think Charter really had an internet and phone combo discount under the original SPP. The bundling discount only came into play if you had TV service. Under the pricing structure before the last increases standard internet should have been $65 or $70 w/wifi and $30 for phone with a total of $95 to $100 for the two services. So there should have been a price decease.

The numbers don’t add up. After the latest price increases, the most you can pay for standard internet is $71, and that’s with Charter provided wifi. $66 if you don’t opt for that. Phone service is $30 a la carte and the only way to pay $35 is with the International add on. As of 9/18/18, Phone Service with Internet or TV is $10 or $15 with international.

https://www.spectrum.com/content/da...ntial-services-price-guide-041017-charter.pdf

Standard internet w/wifi and phone should be $81 a month or $76 w/o wifi.

I’m not sure what it was before the price increase since I don’t think Charter really had an internet and phone combo discount under the original SPP. The bundling discount only came into play if you had TV service. Under the pricing structure before the last increases standard internet should have been $65 or $70 w/wifi and $30 for phone with a total of $95 to $100 for the two services. So there should have been a price decease.

Please tell that to Charter. They do not treat every market the same, and they are royally screwing a lot of rural customers in Upstate NY. It is an abuse of their monopoly position in that market. I just checked again with my folks to make sure I have it right. Their total bill for Standard Internet and Phone (no International) is $110. It does include wi-fi for whatever that is worth.

The $14.99 plan was offered to my parents and they aren't low income.

It's every individual's responsbility to be an informed consumer.

The guy in the BMW is simply better informed and made a wise choice. You act like there is some big injustice going on here. There's no evil boogyman forcing the "single mother" to pay $100 for internet.

There are two internet tier below standard that are getting confused.

Everyday Low Price is an old TWC tier that Charter continues to offer in most areas for $15 or $21 a month, it is the only speed tier that has a modem lease fee ($10) associated with it if you do not own your own modem. There's are no eligibility requirements and speed is 3 x 1.

Spectrum Internet Assist is the low income tier in which you have to meet qualifications. It is $15 or $20 w/wifi and is 30 x 4

Low Income Internet Assistance for Families, Students, & Seniors | Spectrum

There are two internet tier below standard that are getting confused.

Everyday Low Price is an old TWC tier that Charter continues to offer in most areas for $15 or $21 a month, it is the only speed tier that has a modem lease fee ($10) associated with it if you do not own your own modem. There's are no eligibility requirements and speed is 3 x 1.

Spectrum Internet Assist is the low income tier in which you have to meet qualifications. It is $15 or $20 w/wifi and is 30 x 4

Low Income Internet Assistance for Families, Students, & Seniors | Spectrum

Still, the BMW guy wouldn't be able to get the $9.99 plan without the proper documentation

Please tell that to Charter. They do not treat every market the same, and they are royally screwing a lot of rural customers in Upstate NY. It is an abuse of their monopoly position in that market. I just checked again with my folks to make sure I have it right. Their total bill for Standard Internet and Phone (no International) is $110. It does include wi-fi for whatever that is worth.

Charter is not screwing anybody based on where they live. They have been making a point to have nationwide pricing and as close to equal service options as possible.

The rate card for TV and internet is here. If prompted, enter the service address of the account is question

Charter Spectrum - Rate Card Information

Take that information with the link I posted above about phone (which specifically mentions that state of NY) and you'll see my numbers add up.

If that's not whats reflected on the bill, the a call to Charter is in order. Under SPP2, there is no way phone and internet come to $110. Even under the new pricing with no bundled discount the max would be $101

Charter is not screwing anybody based on where they live. They have been making a point to have nationwide pricing and as close to equal service options as possible.

The rate card for TV and internet is here. If prompted, enter the service address of the account is question

Take that information with the link I posted above about phone (which specifically mentions that state of NY) and you'll see my numbers add up.

If that's not whats reflected on the bill, the a call to Charter is in order. Under SPP2, there is no way phone and internet come to $110. Even under the new pricing with no bundled discount the max would be $101

Whatever. This isn't even on-topic anymore.

Whatever. This isn't even on-topic anymore.

Hey you're the one that brought it up making false accusations.

Just trying to provide you with the facts and showing you that your parents could be paying considerable less for the same level of services.

I don't care personally. I am 110% happy with my Charter services. 1 Gig internet in my rural town, AND HBO!

Please feel free to dispute my pricing claims via PM and prove me wrong.

Hey you're the one that brought it up making false accusations.

Just trying to provide you with the facts and showing you that your parents could be paying considerable less for the same level of services.

I don't care personally. I am 110% happy with my Charter services. 1 Gig internet in my rural town, AND HBO!

Please feel free to dispute my pricing claims via PM and prove me wrong.

Glad you like your service enough to be a fanboy I guess?

I really don't care to debate you any more as I know what Charter is putting my folks through. I don't really need any more mental anguish on the topic than that is already causing me. My original post was in response to claims that Dish has price increases every year. I was just pointing out that others do as well, and I'd rather pay the small increases with Dish than the ones I see my parents pay with Charter. I have no reason to mislead anyone. If I could get a copy of their bill, I would post it here. If I remember when I am home for the holidays, I'll take a picture of it and post it for everyone's enjoyment. If it is not as they described, I'll apologize, but I trust what they are telling me.

In a month's time how many foreign persons driving a BMW and wearing expensive jewelry pull up to your office ?

Maybe one of them is a lawyer who can help get your $2.8 million out of DISH.

I am paying, with tax over $71 for Spectrum Internet in Ct ($69 + Tax) which has zoomed in cost over the last 18 months, no wifi. I am paying over $61 with tax in Florida that has also zoomed for the same speed service as Ct, no wifi. The rate card is wrong for here. So there are still different prices in my case by over $120 a year, and I am paying over the $71 with taxes in Ct. Also there is no other choice for less service (100/10) at either location, one speed higher for over $90 is available. (not counting any possible low income service)

With their phone service if I had it in Ct, the cost with all taxes and fees indeed would be very close to $110 though not quite.
"Effective November 2018. All charges exclude applicable taxes, FCC fees, franchise fees and the Broadcast TV Service Charge."

Reactions: ncted

Here in NW Oregon I now pay Charter (Spectrum) $86 a month for internet & phone, up from $85. $66 for the internet at 100 down. $20 for phone. Really our only choice here. No DSL available. Other than cel phone internet or satellite internet, Charter (Spectrum) is it. I must say it is pretty reliable though.

I have no idea what plan you saw, but our $14.99 plan is 30/5 Mbps (usually tests closer to 35) with no data cap and the only requirement was showing them my drivers license to prove my age. It works fine for streaming one of our Hopper2's to our motorhome when we're away from the cottage and monitoring the cottage temperature during the winter while we're down south keeping warm.

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)