HBO Comedy East HD showing AtMax HD feed

skottey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Denver Metro, CO
I posted the following thread on a Verizon Forum yesterday and got no real feedback. Could some of you FIOS TV subscribers in the Tampa market and any other market read on and see if you are having the same problem? Thanks in advance. Buffalo has reported no problem, so it may just be the Tampa market.
-------

So I was sitting here waiting for my wife to get ready to go out and I went through the guide looking for an item to watch for a few minutes. I found Epic Movie playing on HBO Comedy East HD ( 908 ). So I switched over to watch it. I saw closing credits scrolling, 10 minutes into the movie and thought that the guide must be wrong. When the credits ended, it said that "Little Women" was coming up next on AtMax. So I scrolled down through the guide and found AtMax HD (929). Little Women was in the guide. So, I switched over to 929 and saw the exact same feed. This is annoying. I have had all kinds of little problems like this with FIOS TV in the 6 weeks or so I have had it. I love the channel lineup and all that, but what is going on? I don't watch THAT much TV, so if I catch something like this, it is probably more common than that.

Somebody else please check and see if you are getting this too. I wonder if it is a problem at HBO/MAX with the master feed or a FIOS issue. Wrong feed going to HBO Comedy or f-up at FIOS again?

I know it is a holiday weekend, but somebody please reboot the HBO Comedy HD server. Thanks, in advance.

Also- I reported the problem to FIOS and they knew nothing about it. The tech support guy had no TV to check it on.

I posted the following thread on a Verizon Forum yesterday and got no real feedback. Could some of you FIOS TV subscribers in the Tampa market and any other market read on and see if you are having the same problem? Thanks in advance. Buffalo has reported no problem, so it may just be the Tampa market.
-------

So I was sitting here waiting for my wife to get ready to go out and I went through the guide looking for an item to watch for a few minutes. I found Epic Movie playing on HBO Comedy East HD ( 908 ). So I switched over to watch it. I saw closing credits scrolling, 10 minutes into the movie and thought that the guide must be wrong. When the credits ended, it said that "Little Women" was coming up next on AtMax. So I scrolled down through the guide and found AtMax HD (929). Little Women was in the guide. So, I switched over to 929 and saw the exact same feed. This is annoying. I have had all kinds of little problems like this with FIOS TV in the 6 weeks or so I have had it. I love the channel lineup and all that, but what is going on? I don't watch THAT much TV, so if I catch something like this, it is probably more common than that.

Somebody else please check and see if you are getting this too. I wonder if it is a problem at HBO/MAX with the master feed or a FIOS issue. Wrong feed going to HBO Comedy or f-up at FIOS again?

I know it is a holiday weekend, but somebody please reboot the HBO Comedy HD server. Thanks, in advance.

Also- I reported the problem to FIOS and they knew nothing about it. The tech support guy had no TV to check it on.

It is fixed as of Monday AM... weird stuff

Don't be so quick to blame HBO for what was a FiOS problem.

Sorry if I came across that way. I was sort of joking about "rebooting HBO Comedy HD's server."

I was 90+% sure it was an issue with FIOS. Especially when others were saying they didn't have the same problem in some parts of the country.

I love the FIOS channel selection, but they have soooooooooooooo many problems. Yesterday there was yet another problem, an audio sync problem on HBO Comedy HD west. Some idiots on another site were telling me it was with my component cable (even though I am using HDMI). People on some of these websites are so quick to point out that the problem is with the end user's equipment. Guess what? IT IS NOT.

What irks me the most is that not only does Verizon customer service suck, but they make you jump through hoops with troubleshooting over the phone, only to waste your time and theirs, and then admit it is a problem at their end. I loathe dealing with them on the phone.

It is a shame they have a to die for channel selection, but the representation of the company sucks ahole. In their defense, they are in their infancy, vs most cable companies that have been around for years.

Yes, I like FIOS the service. But I am not a fanboy. I am so sick of the fanboys blaming my setup The problems I have had are with FIOS, at their end. and I am so sick of being told otherwise.

Thanks for your post and sorry I gave you the wrong idea of who I was blaming for the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts