HBO free Inauguration concert

HokieEngineer

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
Anyone have their HBO channels available yet? Hopefully someone flips the switch soon. I have it set to record, hopefully they turn it on before my timer kicks off.

Well it broke my timer since it was set to start recording 1 minute early, but I did a manual recording once I was allowed to switch to HBO..

HD and SD versions are up and available.

Its looking good, I find it hard to believe that they are going to fit everything in to just two hours.

What a crowd they have there.

It would have been nice for DishNetwork to indicate in the ad that they emailed to all customer's yesterday that HBO-HD would be available on channel 9456. The ad only indicated channels 300, 303, and 309, all of which are only available in SD for the concert for non-HBO-subscribers.

Luckily, I found the HD channel and told my mom about it too just before the concert started. I was gonna post it here, but glad you guys above beat me to it! Thanks!

It would have been nice for DishNetwork to indicate in the ad that they emailed to all customer's yesterday that HBO-HD would be available on channel 9456. The ad only indicated channels 300, 303, and 309, all of which are only available in SD for the concert for non-HBO-subscribers.

Luckily, I found the HD channel and told my mom about it too just before the concert started. I was gonna post it here, but glad you guys above beat me to it! Thanks!

Yea at first I was recording ch 300 (which normally auto-flips to the HD version), but realized it was SD so I quickly changed to 9456. For some reason the HBO HD ch 300 placeholder disappeared.

Watching this here on TW Cable now. Time Warner opened up the HBO Digital channel and also is simulcasting on their customer service channel for those who dont have digital. (analog 24) here in Columbus, so far this is been enjoyable to watch though they must be freezing!

EDIT: I did not even know about this special until I read it on a media blog I read which mentioned it.

I just set 9456 to record the later showing since all I got earlier was the crappy SD version. Why isn't HBO HD mapped down like Encore and others?

Yep, I missed the HD and only got it in SD. Not particularly good SD, IMHO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts