HBO - Game of Thrones (No Spoilers)

The penultimate episode has been the major action episode each season--Red Wedding, Battle of Blackwater, Ned Stark's weight loss plan...

The 10th episode has always been a sort of wrap up to leave you hanging for the next season.

Well Tyrion, it's been fun watching you the last 4 seasons.

The fight sucked, the teeth knocked out, even the eyes gouged out, but a popped head, give me a break.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yep, I knew this one was going to be the big Night's Watch battle episode so I turned the lights off and cranked the surround sound. That hour flew by.

Now this was an episode I could have watced for 2hrs, if it had been that long.Its one of those that leave you longing for more.Would loved to have seen more of the tunnel battle.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I guess I have to be contrary. Last night's episode was WORTHLESS. It did nothing to advance any story. It was a bunch of people fighting the entire time with NOTHING else going on. I was bored to tears by the end of the first half hour. I kept watching just waiting for SOMETHING to actually happen to advance the actual story. It wasn't until the last 30 seconds of the entire episode that something went on to move the story along. After the last line in the episode was spoken, I said. "FINALLY!" and then the credits rolled. Then I cursed at the TV for 10 minutes for wasting an hour of my life telling me a story that could have been done effectively in 20.

For those that like a lot of mindless fight scenes, this must have been a fantastic episode. For those of us interested in the actual story advancement, motivations, and ultimate plot of the series, this was the absolute worst episode of the entire series.

I guess I have to be contrary. Last night's episode was WORTHLESS. It did nothing to advance any story. It was a bunch of people fighting the entire time with NOTHING else going on. I was bored to tears by the end of the first half hour. I kept watching just waiting for SOMETHING to actually happen to advance the actual story. It wasn't until the last 30 seconds of the entire episode that something went on to move the story along.

For those that like a lot of mindless fight scenes, this must have been a fantastic episode. For those of us interested in the actual story advancement, motivations, and ultimate plot of the series, this was the absolute worst episode of the entire series.

There was a lot of weight put on this battle in the book. It was more than mindless fighting. It was Jon Snow transforming from nothing to someone the rest of the Watch turned to for leadership. There was a lot more build up to the 100 watch brothers holding back the 100,000 wildlings with the help of the wall too. I just feel that the book did a much better job of making this feel important. I still loved this episode though.

I didn't feel that it came over as well in the episode. Still, after reading the book it was really cool to see their vision of the big battle I had been picturing since reading the book. Knowing what was happening and why it was important, this episode was just eye candy for me.

Reactions: Teehar and Ronnie-
What was interesting about the battle was as it got more & more intense,it was like you were expecting a commercial break,but it kept going on & on without a chance for you to catch your breath.

I just started watching the season, got the first 5 down, will get the next 4 done in time for the season end next Sunday. Very good season as always!

I guess I have to be contrary. Last night's episode was WORTHLESS. It did nothing to advance any story. It was a bunch of people fighting the entire time with NOTHING else going on. I was bored to tears by the end of the first half hour. I kept watching just waiting for SOMETHING to actually happen to advance the actual story. It wasn't until the last 30 seconds of the entire episode that something went on to move the story along. After the last line in the episode was spoken, I said. "FINALLY!" and then the credits rolled. Then I cursed at the TV for 10 minutes for wasting an hour of my life telling me a story that could have been done effectively in 20.

Since the very first episode we have been teased about a coming battle at the wall (Castle Black),it only took 39 episodes to get there.So yea it moved the story along in my mind.The series bounces around so much between the 7 kingdoms it's sometimes difficult to stay focused on all the stories.

Reactions: KAB
One thing is certain, this last episode will be awesome! I just wonder which character they will cliffhang off of, or will it be more than one....hmmmm, possibilities abound!

Next Episode: Season 04, Episode 10 (Season Finale)

Sunday, June 15, 2014

"The Children": Circumstances change after an unexpected arrival from north of the Wall; Dany must face harsh realities; Bran learns more about his destiny; Tyrion sees the truth about his situation.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)