HBO - Game of Thrones (No Spoilers)

I am not a book-reader so this week's final scene was a complete surprise/disappointment to me. I didn't use shock because GRR Martin overuses the shock value to the point that nothing shocks me any more. I despise that some of my favorite characters are killed off for no other reason other than he (Martin) ran out of ideas of what to do with them, or just strictly to say F-U to the reader/viewer.
I was waiting all episode long to see what "favorite" character would die needlessly. I got what I was expecting, so Martin FAILED in his attempt to shock me. Maybe he will shock me in the future by letting people LIVE for a change.

I don't think people understand this thread....

How are we supposed to have a discussion about a show if we can't talk about what happened in the show???
Perhaps we should ban all "pop culture" show talk until everyone has checked the I've watched it box.

If it's aired it isn't a spoiler imo.

I'm as irritated as anyone when people brought up not yet filmed book plot lines in here or other show threads.

But after it airs? I get that some can't watch a show when it airs, but they should avoid places that might discuss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not a book-reader so this week's final scene was a complete surprise/disappointment to me. I didn't use shock because GRR Martin overuses the shock value to the point that nothing shocks me any more. I despise that some of my favorite characters are killed off for no other reason other than he (Martin) ran out of ideas of what to do with them, or just strictly to say F-U to the reader/viewer.
I was waiting all episode long to see what "favorite" character would die needlessly. I got what I was expecting, so Martin FAILED in his attempt to shock me. Maybe he will shock me in the future by letting people LIVE for a change.
He still might. The red witch is in castle black let's not forget.

Not a spoiler. Speculating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah,it's all speculation now. Like I can freely speculate that Dany's reunion with the Dothraki won't be bad,as I imagine that they've noticed Drogon's nest in the mountains & most likely they've been following her exploits since the dragons hatched. Obviously Drogon is going to recover,& somehow the other dragons will get released.

Season 6 Premiere is tomorrow (4/24). I didn't think last season was all that great. Hopefully this season will be better.

S~

Season 6 Premiere is tomorrow (4/24). I didn't think last season was all that great. Hopefully this season will be better.

S~
Wow. I couldn't disagree more. What do you think it was missing? We had a huge battle, we had the development of every character, we had dragons. If you didn't like last season I don't see how you liked any of them.

Easy. Last season was slow. The only memorable moment in the season for me was the battle. Season 4's battle was much better.

Jon Snow is gone :)

Nope, still don't believe it. Doesn't make sense to develop a character that much and to kill him off. He is coming back, I'm 100% sure.

How about the reveal of Melisandre's true form! Looks like there is some pretty strong magic there...

Easy. Last season was slow. The only memorable moment in the season for me was the battle. Season 4's battle was much better.

The only memorable moment was the battle?!!!???!!!??? How about the death of Jon? How about the burning of Shireen and the eventual death of Stannis? How about Cersei's "walk of shame"? How about Danny flying on a dragon?!!! How about.... :)

You get my point. There is a LOT that happened last season. I would argue more than any season before it.

Reactions: Ronnie-
Wow. I couldn't disagree more. What do you think it was missing? We had a huge battle, we had the development of every character, we had dragons. If you didn't like last season I don't see how you liked any of them.
I agree. Last season IMO had everything. I would rate it among, if not THE best of the series.

I dont think Jon is dead for good either. He is for now, but there have been too many instances of dead people not staying that way. He will be back.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I dont think Jon is dead for good either. He is for now, but there have been two many instances of dead people not staying that way. He will be back.
I agre with you and somehow he will show up unexpectedly to shock people and get them talking again

OK, one more question. Where the heck did Drogon go? I need to go back and watch the end of last season. Wasn't he on the ground with Danny when the Dothraki showed up? Maybe I'm remembering that wrong.

OK, one more question. Where the heck did Drogon go? I need to go back and watch the end of last season. Wasn't he on the ground with Danny when the Dothraki showed up? Maybe I'm remembering that wrong.
I got the impression that Danny got tired of waiting for Drogon to get up (teenagers!) and went for a walk. A pretty long walk.

Once again I binged for a few weeks before Sunday's premier. (Off Topic Note: One incredible advantage of the Hopper 3 is the ability to take maximum advantage of HBO free weekends. I created a dozen timers with no regard for time or if multiple events occurred concurrently.) I used the HBO Now app and the Season 5 replays on HBO2 to pull this off. After Season 4's documenting the quest of Bran to reach the 3-Eyed Raven, I was upset that his story was dropped. I'm expecting him to return this year. And speaking of the Stark children, what happened to Rickon and Osha after they separated at the windmill?

Foxbat - I seem to remember that now. I forgot that she went on "walkabout".

The previews have shown Bran so we know he is back this season. It appears his "sight" is going to be the key to unlocking several of the long talked about mysteries (i.e. The Tower of Joy)

I found that Amazon has a boxed collection of the first five novels in "A Song of Ice and Fire" for under $30 so I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Since the HBO series is veering off on its own, I think it's time I finally read the actual words from George R. R. Martin. (True story: I went to high school with a George Martin, but he ended up signing a Capella as does his wife and family.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)