HBO Go activate problems with Roku playuers

KenSoren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2005
Yucaipa, CA - 60 miles east of LA
We went to use our Roku player just after the New Year and found that HBO Go had been deactivated. This has happened before so we went into the activation procedure and found that we could not activate the box. We have been trying for a number of days and no success yet. When we go to HBOGo.com/activate, choose Roku streaming players, then choose Dish as our provider it does not go to the Dish sign in screen but goes back to where we select the device.

This is getting old and getting close to a week without the HBO Go service. Anyone else having this type of problem? Any advice on who can help me get this fixed?

The Roku player gives the activation code OK, but the problem is signing into the HBO Go site, signing in to Dish, and using the code to activate.
I don't think doing a power plug reboot on the Roku will make a difference but I'll give it a try after the BCS game is over.

Rokus get buggy and need to be power cycled just like receivers.

Are you using IE? I had to use my desktop's Firefox as IE has some issue with the way the Dish redirect was occuring.

Yes - I don't have Firefox but do have Chrome and will give it a try.

Update - Chrome worked and the set was activated! Thanks so much for this. I would have never thought the Internet Explorer browser was the problem.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)