hbo max adding on

Kali05

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 27, 2005
Ca
was going to add hbo max today and today is my new start of my billing period. said $12 a month ok so i was going to add it using online account . ok said proration fee is $17.00 dollers . how can it charge me more if its first day of billing period. im i missing something?

Somehow I had prorated charges of more than a full month. I just got my bill and it has the $12 charge for HBO plus prorated charge of $15.09.

was going to add hbo max today and today is my new start of my billing period. said $12 a month ok so i was going to add it using online account . ok said proration fee is $17.00 dollers . how can it charge me more if its first day of billing period. im i missing something?
We definitely get your concerns with the billing, Kali05. We do bill 30 days in advance. Your bill is due 15 days after it is created. If you are going off the bill due date as the new billing period, that is 15 days into the billing cycle.

Our department isn't able to get your information to access your account to look into this further, but, if you would like to reach out to our Chat team here: Direct Chat they will be happy to assist you!

You can also reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter, and our Social Media team will be happy to look into this, as well.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Just saw I can get 6 months of HBO Max for Apple, Google, Roku, LG, Microsoft, Sony, and Vizio for $7.49 a month. I may do that instead. Although I will miss not being able to record to DVR.

Just saw I can get 6 months of HBO Max for Apple, Google, Roku, LG, Microsoft, Sony, and Vizio for $7.49 a month. I may do that instead. Although I will miss not being able to record to DVR.

On Demand for the most part replaces needing to record. Of course with the DISH DVR you can cancel HBO at some point and still watch what you recorded.

I’m debating whether to take that deal right now. The 50% off deal ($7.50/ month) is only for 6 months, you don’t get the HBO channels on Dish, and you can’t record anything to DVR. I like to record movies from the Dish movie channels to help insulate me for when I don’t subscribe to the streaming service anymore.

The Dish deal ($12/month) is for 1 year ($144). If you take the 50% off deal now for 6 months ($45)…..then cancel and switch to subscribing via Dish at the regular price $15/month for the next 6 months ($90), you’ll spend $135 for year. Not a big difference. So I’m kind of leaning toward just taking the Dish deal.

With that said, if you think you might not like HBOmax or may want to try it only for a few months and then cancel, the 50% off deal might be the way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)