HBO + Max Free Weekend...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
angiecopus said:
lucky you, i heard dish network was getting the free preview, but looks like to me we are not going to get it at all.

As of 10 pm est ....
I am geting them all, HBO and Cinemax

501-514

Jimbo

Hmm, my HBO-HD (70) is The Sopranos and its HD for me. If you are here to fire up another HD-Lite war, just go post it in the 100 other HD-Lite threads; if not, what do you mean your HBO-HD is the same as the SD?

charper1 said:
Hmm, my HBO-HD (70) is The Sopranos and its HD for me. If you are here to fire up another HD-Lite war, just go post it in the 100 other HD-Lite threads; if not, what do you mean your HBO-HD is the same as the SD?

charper1,

I think after re reading his post :

im geting the free preview on dish and the hbohd is not hd its sd same picture im pissed its not real hd

I think he is looking at DISH network, not D* ....
But I found it hard to understand also, I have HBO on ch 70 and looks like HD to
me :)

Jimbo

rabbitt83 said:
im geting the free preview on dish and the hbohd is not hd its sd same picture im pissed its not real hd

so why are you complaining on the directv forum??? go bitch over at the JUNIOR site!! your eq listed is all dish junk, why bother us??:devil:

Jimbos said:
charper1, I think after re reading his post :

im geting the free preview on dish and the hbohd is not hd its sd same picture im pissed its not real hd I think he is looking at DISH network, not D* ....
But I found it hard to understand also, I have HBO on ch 70 and looks like HD to
me :) Jimbo

Thats why I asked because it was really confusing. Thanks Jimbo.

Not fair, I pay for the free channels. How bout a free weekend of spice?

I still got it free. And yes, D* has the CRAPIEST premium Cinemax line-up EVER. 2 FRIGGIN Channels! I wouldn't pay 12 bucks ever for that nor would I pay the lowest possible price of 7 bucks!

HBKbiggestfan said:
I still got it free. And yes, D* has the CRAPIEST premium Cinemax line-up EVER. 2 FRIGGIN Channels! I wouldn't pay 12 bucks ever for that nor would I pay the lowest possible price of 7 bucks!

For what it's worth, Cinemax on D* has 3 channels.
512-513-514
Max, MMax and MaxW

Years ago people use to pay $ 10-12 for Showtime or TMC Movie Channel and you only got 1 feed

Jimbo

yeah, because people are and were silly. And although is it is TECHNICALLY 3 channels, essentially it's only 2 because Max and MaxW are the same thing, just for different time zones. They air the same exact movies just at slightly different times, there is no point. Until D* gets the FULL Cinemax line-up (which seems will never happen) I will not be interested. Im sure it is their least popular package. Why doesn't D* have HBO/Cinemax as one package like many cable operators? They are both from Time-Warner, Cinemax is owned by HBO and they have their FREE weekend together. It makes no sense that they aren't together as one package like most cable providers offer.

Last edited:
HBKbiggestfan said:
yeah, because people are and were silly. And although is it is TECHNICALLY 3 channels, essentially it's only 2 because Max and MaxW are the same thing, just for different time zones. They air the same exact movies just at slightly different times, there is no point. Until D* gets the FULL Cinemax line-up (which seems will never happen) I will not be interested. Im sure it is their least popular package. Why doesn't D* have HBO/Cinemax as one package like many cable operators? They are both from Time-Warner, Cinemax is owned by HBO and they have their FREE weekend together. It makes no sense that they aren't together as one package like most cable providers offer.

I see what your saying, I never noticed that it was the same exact channel, although itmakes sense, and I do like the idea, if you miss the start of the 8pm mivie you can catch it a 9, Time shifting, too bad D* doesn't offer that for locals !!!

As you can probably tell, I don't watch movies very often.

Jimbo

The Cinemax lineup I would pay $10/month for (as carried by my local Cox franchise)

220 Cinemax
221 MoreMax
222 ActionMax
223 ThrillerMax
230 5 Star Max
231 W Max
232 Outer Max
233 @ Max
711 Cinemax HD

Hell I'd pay $12/month for that Max pack. I didn't even know Cinemax had an HD. D* needs to get with the program!

I agree Directv needs to add more premium channel offerings.I remember those days back when it was one premium channel lol.I remember whwn our cable company only charged $4.95 for Starz and $6.00 for 1 encore ouch!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)