HBO Max Offer (and a big question)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It seems that Prime is offering more and pay per views and less and less "free" stuff. Prime isn't a good deal for me anymore.
This is more to inform Dish subscribers who lost HBO as an option long ago. The last time Dish had them, they had dropped all discounts and charged the full $14.99 for the multi-channels. Now Amazon Prime has agreed to carry HBO Max at that same $14.99 price and also gives On Demand to virtually anything that has ever appeared on HBO (Yeah "Deadwood" and "Rome")

A good deal and a way for Dish folks to get the HBO they lost.

Reactions: pattykay
It seems that Prime is offering more and pay per views and less and less "free" stuff. Prime isn't a good deal for me anymore.

I don’t know if that is true, but it does seem they are giving more prominence to them. Their UI has always been a bit of a mess, now it seems more so.

But since I would have Prime even if it didn’t have video that makes the video essentially free to me.

Reactions: KAB
The only reason I joined prime was I got a good deal because I was a military retiree. But since then I have enjoyed all the new shows and old that are free. It just takes time for them to come out. The EXPANSE forever!!!:clapping:bow:clapping

Reactions: Zookster and ncted
The only reason I joined prime was I got a good deal because I was a military retiree. But since then I have enjoyed all the new shows and old that are free. It just takes time for them to come out. The EXPANSE forever!!!:clapping:bow:clapping
I like scifi but I didn't care for the Expanse. Too bizarre for me.

Keeps you guessing is right. After a couple of seasons I still didn't know what it was about.

Well, everyone's tastes differ, but the political and cosmological story told through a group of what most would call anti-heroes appeals to me and my wife. I'm tempted to read the books, but don't want to ruin anything in what I consider an excellent TV series. I might read the books once the TV show is over. If you like SciFi, the books might makes things a little clearer as books are usually much more detailed than any TV or movie based on them can be.

Season 5 comes out December 16, and I can't wait.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Well, everyone's tastes differ, but the political and cosmological story told through a group of what most would call anti-heroes appeals to me and my wife. I'm tempted to read the books, but don't want to ruin anything in what I consider an excellent TV series. I might read the books once the TV show is over. If you like SciFi, the books might makes things a little clearer as books are usually much more detailed than any TV or movie based on them can be.

That's what I was told about "2001:A Space Odyssey". The movie didn't make much sense to me but I was told that the book was more detailed.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I don't know if it's been mentioned here already, but HBO MAX is available on Fire Stick and Fire TV now. I downloaded and installed it on my Fire Stick last night.

Reactions: charlesrshell

The Expanse is indeed the best Sci-Fantasy (it has more hints of Sci-Fi than most space opera stuff, but still generally Sci-Fantasy) since Babylon 5. After Season 4, I had to start reading the books! And boy, the Expanse just keeps growing, getting bigger and bigger. Much like Babylon 5, the creator of The Expanse knows where he is going, which makes the ride perfect. The production of the show is incredible, and thank goodness for Amazon, saving The Expanse tv series. Only had they been around in this form when Firefly was criminally cancelled by the idiot execs at Fox.

I'm hoping the do a Naomi episode in Season Five like I envision from the book. Kind of writes itself, kind of rips off the concept of Out of Gas from Firefly, but who cares. I'm sure Whedon got that idea from someone else.

That's what I was told about "2001:A Space Odyssey". The movie didn't make much sense to me but I was told that the book was more detailed.
There really is no such thing as a great Sci-Fi movie, because true Sci--FI is cerebral and requires a lot more thinking, which is better provided in the form of a book. Star Trek The Motion Picture is a wonderful example of how poorly a great sci-fi concept can be presented in a motion picture.

The Expanse is about as good as a space opera can get. The only reason Babylon 5 beats it out is the shear number of episodes in Babylon 5, almost exclusively written by one person!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts